• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Nando's Peri-Peri Extra Extra Hot! Sauce

Personally, I find the milder Nando's sauces to taste ok but the hotter ones are kind of dry, acidic and bitter tasting. I'd consider using their "Vusa" (the next step up) again if I ever eat there but the Extra Extra was not to my liking at all and the Extra and regular hot versions weren't great either.

I liked how the played along with my nonsense on twitter when I found them in a multipack of cheap wine but they just can't make even regular person hot with a good flavour, IMO.

spicefreak said:
Personally, I find the milder Nando's sauces to taste ok but the hotter ones are kind of dry, acidic and bitter tasting. I'd consider using their "Vusa" (the next step up) again if I ever eat there but the Extra Extra was not to my liking at all and the Extra and regular hot versions weren't great either.

I liked how the played along with my nonsense on twitter when I found them in a multipack of cheap wine but they just can't make even regular person hot with a good flavour, IMO.
To me, it seems they tried to make it extra extra hot by adding more peppers. Seeds n all. Not a lot of balance. When you give to one, you take from another. Lemon and chili is all I got. Like mentioned in my video, it's purpose is very specific. I can see myself using it, but only for a very limited amount of things.

I've had lots of sauces that were special snowflakes used sparingly.  

You know what I call 'em now?  "Stinkers". 

Heh.   :P

Idiot Piquant said:
I've had lots of sauces that were special snowflakes used sparingly.  

You know what I call 'em now?  "Stinkers". 

Heh.   :P

I've told my wife before while eating at del taco and using their sauce, "ya know, to think there was a focus group somewhere at some point tasting this crap that said, yep that's the one.." "that's the sauce we want to offer to millions of people every day" 

No idea what a del taco is but I trust ya.

We have tacos. What is a del?

It's like the McDonalds of the Mexican world. I thought it was a national chain. Yea it's like taco bell. Only worse

MikeUSMC said:
Isn't Del Taco like the "West Coast Taco Bell?"

Taco Dell?

dell_dude.jpg

Del Taco used to be called Naugles here. Naugles vanished and a year or two later the Del Tacos started showing up. I think all of them are gone around here now. Their carnitas were not half bad and if you wanted a cheap massive Macho Burrito it sure hit the spot. I pretty much only went there when they had taco specials on Tuesday or Wednesday?

Back