• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Natural Pest Control.

I was checking my plants yesterday to see how they were doing with the heat (36C) and i found these guys prowling around.

IMG_0948.jpg

IMG_0940.jpg

Cheers Kevvy.

Wow! A mantis and a jumping spider...talk about all-out-take-no-prisoners Plant Security.

You have your plant under full lock-down!;)

dvg

Ive got bad Grass hopper problems, Dont want to spray as I have chillis ready to pick.
They are defoliating all my Habs :(
I hear that "DIPEL" is good for grubs and non toxic, But Will it control hoppers?

No it wont control the hoppers but there are plenty of options, Neem is a great deterent as is natrasoap. dont resort to the bad shit as it is bad shit. Especially if you want you and your family to eat it afterwards. Lotsa people on here will disagree but the probably havent just battled through 7 months of cancer and chemo caused by ( according to the Haematologist) the shit we eat, breathe and ingest every day.

Here is a good site I have found to buy bugs from. My linkI have used hypoaspis for fungas gnats and scyriad fly and worked great. Am now ordering some Aphelinus A for aphids.
Am now into the natural "safe" approach before using chemicals as a last resort as of what I have heard and learnt in the last year or so.

Back