• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Nbd tomato lookin a little sad.

Howdy folks I've got a new big dwarf tomato plant whose lower older leaves are going yellow and some are just going soft and dying. Upper growth looks fine. One of the toms in a bunch of 3 was sitting on top one of the others and when I moved it today the bottom was black. Is it a gonner or will it be ok. The one it was on top of seems to be fine.

Much thanks in advance!!!

the fruit looks like end rot. calcium i think and watering adjustments should help. the bottom of my tomato plants always get bad foliage, i don't worry about it much and remove it

Thats what I was thinkin with the foliage. The tom im not sure about all my plants are in fox farms ocean forrest and have only been in for about two months. Maybe I'll scrap that one and add a little cal/mag next watering.

thirdcoasttx said:
Thats what I was thinkin with the foliage. The tom im not sure about all my plants are in fox farms ocean forrest and have only been in for about two months. Maybe I'll scrap that one and add a little cal/mag next watering.

A tomato plant of that size will have most likely used up all the nutes in the OF by now.  It's probably time to supplement.

A tomato plant of that size will have most likely used up all the nutes in the OF by now.  It's probably time to supplement.
I hit it with a dose of weak organic liquid bloom ferts and a little cal/mag. On a good note I pulled that tom and stripped the ugly lower leaves and in the process I found another tom the same size. So not a complete loss.

Back