• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

need an ID on a pepper...

i got what i was told to be chile negro... i googled chile negro and among all of the pics of pasilla pepper pics, i found one that kinda looks like my strain...

db_A-Chile_Negro_de_Arbol.jpg

btw, i got this plant from seeds and clippings from el grullo jalisco mex... it's pretty hot... a bit hotter than my habañero peppers...

um, i'll take some pics of my plant tomorrow... but any clue what this beast might be...? is it chile de arbol...?

thx...

wow... you're right... that isn't my pic... these are...

Photo0076.jpg

Photo0077-1.jpg

no wonder it's so hot... what's the scoville rating on these bad boys...?

Looks like an annuum, possible goat's weed, but they(or any annuum) shouldn't really be even near as hot as a habanero with only around 20,000 - 40,000 SHU

it is goatweed :cool:

i grew it two years in a row and from what i know of it even though it looks like a pubecen its actually an annum

quite hot too

thanks your friend joe

Looks like an annuum, possible goat's weed, but they(or any annuum) shouldn't really be even near as hot as a habanero with only around 20,000 - 40,000 SHU

my friend was the one that said it was hotter than his habañeros... i just chewed on one right now... kinda the same burn as my red manzanos... just not as tasty...

it is goatweed :cool:

i grew it two years in a row and from what i know of it even though it looks like a pubecen its actually an annum

quite hot too

thanks your friend joe

thank you joe.... i need to start learning species and genetics...

I don't see where it looks anything like a C. pubescens. Maybe somewhat C. frutescens like

yeah... that...

I think he was referring more to the pubescent leaves and stems rather than the growth patterns and pod shape. It is one of those freak genetics plants haha

I have one very similar called a black cobra. Chile de Arbol looks similar too.

Here is a photo of a black cobra (not mine) mine is just starting to put out new growth. It frosted back at the nursery and they gave it to me for FREE! My favorite price!

Nice plant!

blackcobra.jpg

Back