• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Need help saving my bhuts

At the start of the week 2 days after I watered/fert the bhuts they start getting brown dots on their leaves. A day after healthy leaves start to drop in numbers so I used air conditioner water to wash the soil from some of the ferts and drained it as best as I could.
Now they really look like they are dying. I moved them to a shady place today.
1 of the plants had a brown part in the middle of the stem so I had it cut.
Anything I can try to do to save them? Maybe even cut the stem take off the leaves and try to make the cut stem root.
Also my 2 other bhuts in the pots are a bit yellowish on the top what does it mean and how can I help them?
The 2 bhuts in the ground looks better then ever.
Thanks for any help upfront.
d23a93f6c6b50d7e8032f0046bd6f4f2367bab114d06b6734601ba683e153bc54g.jpg
6cb66b41fe824218464f7c89469840efce1d19358b78c8f40de0ad8b8899c3974g.jpg
86f76b7cdba880646db8d3332ec7714ace863e2f07a072aa9d6d80e48bdee8c24g.jpg

[sub] [/sub]About all you can do is take all the leaves off and repot in some better soil. And try not to overwater nor over fert and pray to the chiligods. It doesn't look good though. PLace them in a shady spot that only gets morning sun.

The other plants look low on nitrogen but it could also be soggy roots.

I watered them every 1.5-2 weeks so I don't think its overwatering, also it looks like the soil drains well.
I didn't mix compost with this soil so maybe changing the soil and mixing it with 30% compost will help.

I think you underwatered them more than over watered them. I water mine like every other day but it is pretty hot around here so that's the reason why.

As long as the soil is not dry the plants will be fine, I know I'm not underwatering them because they may be wilting at noon but after noon they are fine. Also here its around 95+ degrees and it will only get hotter.
I'm afraid that by watering them every other day they will be overwatered. Tho the ones on the ground are getting watered a lot due to the dripping system as seen at the image so I could try watering more 1 of the 2 healthy potted plants and see how it goes.

I know that containers dry out way faster than the ground does. I would water those plants every other day if I were you. Many people say (including me after some experience with it) that when growing in containers you are forced to water daily, especially when the heat gets as high as your region is getting. These plants thrive when cared for well. Your plants look like they are about to die anyway, so why not give it a shot with the extra water? You have nothing to lose.

I agree with repotting them for a better chance of survival but I'm no expert. They do look like they been way over fertilized to me opposed to overwatering. Over watering seems to be 75% of people's answers to these situations. Personally I would repot them with non fert potting soil then water them alittle not much or to little because any more stress on the plant would be very bad at this point just out of common sense. Then I would make sure I stuck them in a shady area with alittle sunlight for the fact the plant would be very sensitive to anything right now then I would wait a week and if they perk up I would add half of the mix (half of what they tell you to mix to ao much water) for a organic mix of 5-10-10 and water them then wait another week. If they seem to keep dying of I would lay them to rest. Also I would clean cut of the dead leaves with scissors. No expert but that's what I would do.

I agree with repotting them for a better chance of survival but I'm no expert. They do look like they been way over fertilized to me opposed to overwatering. Over watering seems to be 75% of people's answers to these situations. Personally I would repot them with non fert potting soil then water them alittle not much or to little because any more stress on the plant would be very bad at this point just out of common sense. Then I would make sure I stuck them in a shady area with alittle sunlight for the fact the plant would be very sensitive to anything right now then I would wait a week and if they perk up I would add half of the mix (half of what they tell you to mix to ao much water) for a organic mix of 5-10-10 and water them then wait another week. If they seem to keep dying of I would lay them to rest. Also I would clean cut of the dead leaves with scissors. No expert but that's what I would do.
Of = off lol
Ao = so
Dang iPhone spell check changes all of my words around.

[sub] [/sub]About all you can do is take all the leaves off and repot in some better soil. And try not to overwater nor over fert and pray to the chiligods. It doesn't look good though. PLace them in a shady spot that only gets morning sun.

The other plants look low on nitrogen but it could also be soggy roots.

Listen to him. He knows what he's doing.

I think you guys missed the part where he said he waters every 1.5 to 2 weeks and the temps soar above 95 degrees and are getting hotter.

I water every 1.5-2 weeks because somehow the soil stays moist more or less, also the plants aren't wilting besides when its hot outside, in the eve they recover and look great.
I took off all the leavers and I'll change the soil later when the damn heats wears off.

The peppers on the second picture are getting more yellow, some leaves are dropping and in 1 of them some of the leaves are wilting what could be the cause?

Back