• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Need help with mites! :(

TNKS said:
You need your pest problem well under control by fruiting time
I havent had and issue with hit hurting the plants,I spray with the wind and let it find its own way
I do spray a parameter area around the plants as well
If you do foliar feeding it will wash the plants and pods after a few feedings,
check the active ingrediant in those sprays...

Most that im aware of use permethrin, or a permethrin like chemical.
i dont recall exactly, but permethrin can be deadly to either cats or dogs. i think its cats... its harmless to one, but harmfull to the other.

i think permethrin is also used in dog flee treatments and flee collars?

permethrin is a non systemic, meaning 2 things...
a) you will only kill what you can directly spray.
b) when it rains or when the sun shines, you will loose the protection of the permethrin.

im guessing these lice sprays cost a shit load... if you are willing to go the chemical rout, id reccomend that you just buy some abamectin... or a similar bio-miticide.
it seems silly to use a product for off label crap when there are readily available products for the job already.

btw, for the organic crowds. according to some manufacturers labels... you can get "organic" spiro now.

makes me lol. shits all made in a bioreactor, so i suppose it is really organic... though not in spirit.
oh yea, and permethirin like most products, WILL NOT kill eggs. meaning you have to spray every three or so day to kill the hatched mites before they can reproduce.

i spray perm for caterpillars... would not recommend it for mites what so ever.

check the active ingrediant in those sprays...

Most that im aware of use permethrin, or a permethrin like chemical.
i dont recall exactly, but permethrin can be deadly to either cats or dogs. i think its cats... its harmless to one, but harmfull to the other.

i think permethrin is also used in dog flee treatments and flee collars?

permethrin is a non systemic, meaning 2 things...
a) you will only kill what you can directly spray.
b) when it rains or when the sun shines, you will loose the protection of the permethrin.

im guessing these lice sprays cost a shit load... if you are willing to go the chemical rout, id reccomend that you just buy some abamectin... or a similar bio-miticide.
it seems silly to use a product for off label crap when there are readily available products for the job already.

btw, for the organic crowds. according to some manufacturers labels... you can get "organic" spiro now.

makes me lol. shits all made in a bioreactor, so i suppose it is really organic... though not in spirit.
oh yea, and permethirin like most products, WILL NOT kill eggs. meaning you have to spray every three or so day to kill the hatched mites before they can reproduce.

i spray perm for caterpillars... would not recommend it for mites what so ever.

Thanks for the info. :)

Back