misc Need opinions

Ok... Im going to come out with some sauces and am in the process of working out the front and back label. So, here is my first draft and any opinions are welcome. Nutritional information is false of course...

MBback.png

MBFT2labels.png

I haven't thought of that Buddah, but that is exactly correct...

for us old "bastards" it makes no difference...

Ditto on the Bastard. What color is the sauce going to be? I'm still a newbie, most of the sauces I've seen are red, orange and green. You want your label to jump off the shelf. A red background might not be what your looking for. JMO.

Sounds tasty and like the Crest also

andres like it a lot looks like a lot of vodka labels ive seen..certainly different to any other sauce labels about.could do with something maybe a vine/tree or something to go with the fantastic right up on the label as it maybe looks to alike a beer or spirits bottle label..coloring is spot on.:think::)

i take it back ive shown this to some graphic designers one who works for hienz and they love it..so ignore me and it seems that you have a perfect label..just lose the bastard :lol:;)

talas said:
i take it back ive shown this to some graphic designers one who works for hienz and they love it..so ignore me and it seems that you have a perfect label..just lose the bastard :lol:;)

LOL, lets just hope those graphic designers can spell 'heinz' Talas ;)

rainbowberry said:
LOL, lets just hope those graphic designers can spell 'heinz' Talas ;)

'I' before 'E' accept after Ketchup.

Talas, its a great label either way. The color and look of the sauce will impact the purchase too. You want people to buy it, try it and come back for more. If they don't do the first step then the other steps never come. The biggest problem for any new company is the initial sale. With that label I am all ready interested.

I actually drink a beer called "arrogant bastard ale" made by stone brewing co., so if your intended demographic is males 13-35 using the word bastard might actually help you out; as for the nutrition facts, those cant be accurate, serving size 1 cup servings per container 2 in a 5.5oz bottle, back to the label; im a fan, usually hot sauce labels have some kind of cartoon on them depicting flames coming out of some orifice, while using colors ive never even seen in a rainbow, i like the simple label, and it will definately stick out on a shelf, my only suggestion would be that if your sauce is red change the label to green, if the sauce is yellow/orange try a blue label, and maybe give your text a thin outline in black to make it pop better

I absolutely like the label. That beery style jumps your eye and reminds me what to drink with hot food... The breweries may like it!

AlabamaJack said:
:lol: that's one good thing about getting older...Tri-Focals... :lol:

Omri said:
Damn, I need to get me a pair of those. or at least bifocals.

AlabamaJack said:
Tri-focals are the cats meow if you are wearing glasses...a little tilt of the head and you go from magnifiers, to computer distance focus, to distance vision...fact of life...if you get older, your eyesight diminishes with time...I already have the startings of cataracts...long time before treatment tho...

Have you guys tried floating focal glasses? Some people hate them from the first moment but most people don't wanna have anything else once they tried them.

Buddah said:
I would also like to add that the word "bastard" in your name might be offensive to some people. I am not one, but there are prudes out there that might turn away from the name alone. It also might not be bought by store owners because they might feel their customers will object to a hot sauce being seen by their children. The word "bastard" is considered a curse word in the US, and with the moral inepitude of the religious political climate you would be wise to come up with another name for the US market. Just my 2 cents.

QuadShotz said:
I guess it depends on the intended market.

Think of how many sauces contain some variety of "ass" in the name. :D

I think that "Bastard" thing would be offending and not so helpful when you aim at conquering the Tabasco sauce mass market. But for the chilihead hot sauce market I don't see any problem in that. Chiliheads are not so bigotedly p.c. as the bible belt average farmer. As long as you don't tell them they're the bastards I think it's a decoration, not a curse.

Back