• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

need some help choosing, an order coming up

hey guys, me and some friends were thinking of ordering from this german site called pepper-king, www.pepper-king.com

I have no idea if they actually have any good sauces, spices or anything, but they have the most, and most interesting products of all places I know.

so I'd appreciate if someone could browse the site (it is half in english at least) and help me come up with some stuff to order, was hoping not to spend more than 60euro.

I want some kind of everyday-use type of sauce, that is not too hot, or, make it hot as hell if it's good. :D

some kind of barbecue'ish sauce which would be great on hamburgers would be great too.

and also some kind of spice/dry rub that does not contain extracts. I made a miss with the Nitro, when I got it.. well, it was actually good in smaller amounts but then it wasn't hot enough. extracts actually taste really bad. well,

hope this might fit here or even on the site at all, I just haven't tried many sauces and stuff.

I'd really like to try stillmanz and hippy seed co's sauces but that would make shipping costs really big unless they could like send them both on the same time,, but that would be a near future adventure and I probably should ask them personally. oh well!

I already have the lethal ingestion and tried blair's pure death. the LI is awesome, but the pure death was too much vinegary for my likings. so, some kind of sauce that does not taste much vinegar would be great.

thanks in advance!

I've been checking out the 2008 Hot Pepper award winners, http://www.thehotpepper.com/showthread.php?t=8856 and putting together a list of products I want to try from there. Can't think of a better endorser to put my trust into.

So far I've tried the first place winner in mild BBQ sauce, Grumpy's Private Reserve Goodnight Loving | www.grumpysbbq.com and was not disappointed, sweet with just a touch of peppery yummyness and heat.

Good luck on your quest!

DEFCON Creator: it seems pepper-king has the same but a lot more, well.. thanks anyway! they might have better prices though.

patrick: I didn't find any of the ones that seemed interesting on pepper-king... I don't want to pay shipping all over the world, would be best if I could get all from one place, and the best I've found so far is pepper-king.com

thanks guys

Sorry about that Munch, I wasn't much help was I?

There are some reviews here: http://www.thehotpepper.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28 and here: http://www.thehotpepper.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9 that you might be able to match up with some products for sale on the pepper king.

Another idea is if you already have some sauces that you like would be to buy some chili powder, Red Savina or Bhut Jolokia come to mind, and just add that to them. Either one of those two will add some serious heat and flavor.

Good luck!

patrick said:
Sorry about that Munch, I wasn't much help was I?

There are some reviews here: http://www.thehotpepper.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28 and here: http://www.thehotpepper.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9 that you might be able to match up with some products for sale on the pepper king.

Another idea is if you already have some sauces that you like would be to buy some chili powder, Red Savina or Bhut Jolokia come to mind, and just add that to them. Either one of those two will add some serious heat and flavor.

Good luck!
well some help, but pepper-king don't have most of the sauces on the award list. :( so I was thinking that there might be some more "commercial" like blairs or cajohns that are a must-have.
they have got jersey death which seems to be a sauce many people on here enjoy.
the cajohn fatalii puree also seems like a nice choice.
but I'd like some more to look at, some more options to choose from.

well, I understand if you're too busy/lazy to open up the page and look around but someone must have some spare time?;)

Ok I went through the hot sauces starting at heat level 8 and here is the list of ones I like from there to 10+.

El Yukateco XXX
Cajohn's Nagasoreass
Fatalii Fire/Puree
Krakatoa
Vicious Viper
Acid Rain
Black Mamba
Jersey Death.

Omri said:
I know they're supposed to have Defcon, but I've just went threw the entire catalog looking for "Defcon", "Condition", "1", "2", "3", "Wing" and couldn't find it.

Interesting. I've received e-mails from a couple of German people stating they got it on that site. Perhaps it's just not listed yet. Try contacting them via e-mail.

DEFCON Creator said:
Interesting. I've received e-mails from a couple of German people stating they got it on that site. Perhaps it's just not listed yet. Try contacting them via e-mail.

Ahh... I was actually looking for DEFCON on that site but could not find it. so that's why you linked it.

JayT: Thanks, that's a nice list. I suppose it's not ranked best-to-worst, but I think I'm going to go for the Jersey Death and Fatalii Fire actually. And next time I order it will be from the aussies, but then I know what I want to try!

Should I get some Naga powder too? 30g + shaker for 7e or something... should be enough for a while right?
or should I get something else than just naga, is there some killer combination one can do with naga + some other chilipowder?

thanks!

munchzilla said:
Ahh...
JayT: Thanks, that's a nice list. I suppose it's not ranked best-to-worst, but I think I'm going to go for the Jersey Death and Fatalii Fire actually. And next time I order it will be from the aussies, but then I know what I want to try!thanks!

You should really add Cajohn's '10'. I have 7 of 9 of JayT's list in my fridge. Vicious Viper is another fave from the list. Only one I would mention, not on his list, is Talon. It took me a while to warm to, but I drained the bottle before other sauces I thought that I liked better.

Cheers.

doing a quick search, 1st you can't go wrong with cajohns.
what about buying gift sets ?
el yucateco sauces 5pc. &/or cajohns puree 6pc. (dont know how cajohns puree is of vinegar taste) these would give you a decent range of heat

as for you wanting something for burgers/steaks, I say get "el yucateco chipotle hot sauce" infact get 2 bottles. this stuff & "bufalo chipotle sauce" is great burger/steak sauce.

cajohns "10" is HOT! & alright tastewise, but IMO cajohns "naga soreass" has a much better flavor than the "10" sauce though its not as hot as "10"

you could also try blairs new "pure death sauce jolokia" never tried it though.

hmm, I actually have tried talon but not sure what I thought about it... well, that el yucateco seems nice. not too expensive either. heard a lot of good things about it from here... all I can do is try it.
never heard of the naga soreass though. does it have any vinegary taste?

pure death was bleh, all vinegar and salty in my opinion.

munchzilla said:
hmm, I actually have tried talon but not sure what I thought about it... well, that el yucateco seems nice. not too expensive either. heard a lot of good things about it from here... all I can do is try it.
never heard of the naga soreass though. does it have any vinegary taste?

pure death was bleh, all vinegar and salty in my opinion.

Definitly get the El Yukateco XXXtra Hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I went throguh 8 bottles in one year of that sauce alone!

Naga Soreass is from CaJohn....anything by CaJohn is gold.

Pure Death=major dissapointment.

munchzilla said:
that el yucateco seems nice. not too expensive either. heard a lot of good things about it from here... all I can do is try it.

yep, I don't think you'll be disappointed with the el yucateco line. still say get 2 bottles of their chipotle sauce if you want something for burgers/steaks, not saying others wouldn't work either, just saying it works well with those meals kinda like a steak sauce.

munchzilla said:
never heard of the naga soreass though. does it have any vinegary taste?.

cajohn makes naga soreass (gimmick name)(what your link sells) same sauce/brand but different name cajohns naga saurus.
it didn't have a vinegary taste to it, IMO heat is a 7, the flavor was really good.

haha, well, this kind of makes it both easier and harder to choose...
will have to check on how much it will cost in total. :)

buying the yucateco, purees and powder would be just within my budget but I don't think I want all of the purees so I'll just try the fatalii one.
and the naga soreass does sound interesting too...

http://www.pepper-king.com/shop/pepper-yaki-habanero-marinade-(en_1683).phtml
anyone tried this one? I love teriyaki, not sure how it would taste spicy though.

well I'm coming down to a final list now, a bit over the money I wished to spend but no big deal.

http://upload.landslide.nu/upl/xeefus/pking.png

here's a link to the list, any things to add/change?

JayT said:
looks like that will keep you busy for a while!

haha yeah I thought the same when I looked at it just now before I signed on here... whue, will probably take a few years to finish it all.

also added blairs parmesan habanero and chipotle chips, just realized I had a lot more money on my account than I thought.

well, now it's just time for my friends to decided on what they want and it's orderingtime...! wohoo, I can't wait to try a hamburger.

thanks a lot guys!

Do yourself a favor, instead of the Chipotle chips, just get the Habanero. The Parmesan Habanero are good too, but the Habanero are the best.

JayT said:
Do yourself a favor, instead of the Chipotle chips, just get the Habanero. The Parmesan Habanero are good too, but the Habanero are the best.

I have some bags of habanero chips at home, I love them. but I want to try the other 2 (which are the only ones I haven't tried) :)

Back