• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Need some help with my seedlings

Hello all. I am new to growing peppers from seed. I have a few different varieties going now. I am using a hundred watt CFL in a rubbermaid grow box I rigged up. All have sprouted and most have two sets of leaves. Seems like they were growing fast and now all the sudden they seem to have stopped. Any ideas on why they are growing so slow? I am using some kind of organic potting mix. Cant remember what brand it was. The mix seems too dry very quickly in the Styrofoam cups. The light is close. Any help would be great.

Also I will add pics soon.

Thanks

Bud

I also wanted to mention that my plants have been growing for about 20 or so days. they are the size of AJs 8 day olds. A few are close to his 15 dayers too.

Thanks again.
bud

well brewsta,
you have 100 watt light and organic mix
in some cups that dries too fast
first you may have too small amount of dirt
second you may just now see normal growth with decent light level
compared to legging out from not enough light?
please try to post the pics, as it may be obvious from them

oh yeah welcome to the forum :welcome:

Temperature can be an issue. How warm do you have them. Also, what is the distance between the cfl and the seedlings. Is it a coil bulb or a four pin elgonated type running off a ballast?

Temperature can be an issue. How warm do you have them. Also, what is the distance between the cfl and the seedlings. Is it a coil bulb or a four pin elgonated type running off a ballast?

I think the temp is around 70 degrees Fahrenheit. Not sure though as I have never gauged. Also its the spiral type cfl. I will post pics when I can and add them to the thread.

Thanks

Bud

Back