need suggestions

I have plenty of superhot varieties now I need some mild or medium peppers with great flavor 1000-300k shu. I have datil fatali and birds. Help me out friends. Whats your favs so I can plan next year better

Jamaican Hot Chocolate, Red Savina, great flavor for powders and sauces. Two of my favorite.

These would be medium to me, not sure to you.

Pumpkin Habanero and Peach Habanero both have excellent flavor. Both have a sweetness up front prior to mild heat. The Pumpkin is slightly warmer than the Peach and has a slightly thicker wall that makes them "crispy". Very refreshing.

Might be a little hotter but 7 pot Congo sr 500k - 800k. They have wonderful flavor and heat.. I belive Nigel did a review of one of wes's a few weeks back. Also I've not grown it yet but white Peruvian hab looks good to me and i tried an Ajicito yesterday that had awesome favor and mild heat.

Trinidad Congos are wonderful tasting peppers that are about as hot as a habanero. Chocolate habaneros are great tasting peppers too. If you want a great no heat pepper, I suggest Jimmy Nardelos.

compmodder26 said:
Trinidad Congos are wonderful tasting peppers that are about as hot as a habanero. Chocolate habaneros are great tasting peppers too. If you want a great no heat pepper, I suggest Jimmy Nardelos.

I second that Jimmy Nardello recommendation
Great sweet pepper

I like that Brazilian starfish...Had not heard of it before...

$T2eC16hHJF0E9nmFTMMiBQeiNpvg!!~~60_35.JPG

Brazilian starfish are great, so are Bishop`s crowns and Peru Inca drops. All C.baccatums and all delicious. 15-30,000 probably. 

Donne sali are absolutely fantabulous. However, I cannot recommend Cumari du Para more highly. Utterly, amazingly delicious and around store habanero-heat. Briefly. Mata frade and Bode roxa are also beautiful and very flavourful, as are Cheiro roxa. 

Nigel is sooo right ...I totally agree ..

Baccatum:  I haven't tasted a Baccatum I didn't like...
Be warned, vines like to grow BIG and need substantial support.
Brazilian starfish is more tree like with strong trunks and loads of pods in the canopy.
A single Birgit locoto can be an amazing producer. Giant Vines grow quickly !

Pubecens: Rocotos, Manzanos - delightful unique taste. Needs long growing season.
The first year yield may be low but overwinters well and pounds (lbs.) out pods the next season. 

Annums: Cow Horn, Padron, Sweet Heat - high yield great versatility, easy to grow. 

Wild:  Charapita - little 'pocket rockets'.  Larger and more juicy than Cumari do Para, quick heat,
but subsides fast enough it doesn't overpower the taste of food. Was slower to germinate, grew slowly 
while inside.  Grew fast once they got outside into warmth, some plants set two pods per leaf axle.
I Pick them as soon as bright golden yellow or the birds get them.  

Personally, I don't think a garden is complete without a cayanne or two in it. If you want a killer pepper for flavor, order NuMex Heritage 6-4: #41 from the Chile Pepper Institute. Make sure it's the heritage variety. You will not be dissapointed.

Boonies. (Doni Sali)
Thai's for sure.
A bit hotter than your request, but the SB7J currently F4 I believe (seeds from this years pods would be F5)
Are frigging awesome.

Aji pineapple is great, I use it in lots of things, but they are perfect for soup. I also have this Chinese 5 color and numex twilight with this distinct flavor which is good with fish and seafoods.

On the bottom end of the scale are some of my favourite chiles:

Golden Cayenne - delicious raw or used for sauces, but this one really shines when you stir fry it in a dish with really high (temperature) heat in a wok and the sugars carmelise.  Amazing flavour.

Cowhorn - de-seeded these are mild enough to be chopped into a salad or a fresh vegetable and balsamic mix.  They have a "hot red bell pepper" flavour to them that is refreshing and sweet.

Thanks guys. I have some hottt ceyennes currently that are finally ripen. Took so long. Going for padron and maybe starfish as welll as some ajis.

Back