• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Need to know where to start

I just obtained a great deal of seeds from a vast array of superhots and I would like to grow them. Can any of you give me any tips or pointers as to how I should go about doing this? I live in central Florida so we have a rather tropical climate and I am also in the process of building a grow room. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

LOTS of other Florida based growers on here. I would say seek them out and get more specific growing tips from them individually.

I think generally the easiest time to start growing if you dont have an indoor setup would be Jan/Feb next year. Lots of time till then to read up and gather materials! I'm sure your next season will be 10x better than my first has been.

why wait till january, we have about 3 weeks of really cold weather... I am getting my seeds ready now and am getting my trays ready for cloning the ones I really want to have an overflow of plus sell in the driveway.

You can't have too many Datil, Jolokia, 7pod, Scotchies, and fun tasty exotics.

Well I have a few starting now to keep til spring, mine can usually make it thru the winter, if it's mild. last couple years not... i got a high bay light from HD, in the 2 weeks I have had it on, it has made a huge difference, compared to my outdoor ones. I seem to have a problem with the everyday rain. I can sy I will be putting up an area of shade cloth for some, the sun just cooked some all year, they were almost white, now in a couple weeks with the cooler days there coming around.

Well thank you everyone for your responses. Romy6 contacted me and offered to assist me with any issues I may have.

Jamies a great guy he well get yah on the right track!

Im around 2-2.5 hrs from you up hwy 60.
If you have any questions about indoor growing hit me up.
I am about to set my flood table(ebb and flow Hydroponics table) back up
grow some peppers in over the winter.
Ones i have outside Ill pull in the garage or I might build a cold frame.
You can keep them year round down here.

Well, I have a habenero plant growing right now that I have had going for about a year and a half now. I just was interested in starting from the ground up, ya know. I can grow plants and what not, I just want to try and get these guys going good from the seed.

Back