• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

recipe-help Need Zucchini Recipes!!

I have already picked about a dozen zucchini from my garden. I have preped (and froze) some for zucchini bread, shreaded for salads, zucchini pickles, sliced for frying, and have made a couple of jars of relish. I have 3 plants that are just going nuts produceing a lot!!!! I need some different recipes!!!

This is a great saute: Zucchini, yellow squash, onions, jalapenos, sliced Italian hot sausage. It's even good on a hero with hot sauce, just don't slice the sausage.

Slice the zuchs lengthwise, brush with olive oil and grill them. Season when they come off.

Dice zuchs and saute' in butter and garlic, deglaze with white wine, add a splash of cream, bring to a simmer and then add fresh grated parmigian or asiago cheese. Season to taste and pair it with pasta.

Dredge the long slices in seasoned flour, egg wash and then fry. Take a small baking dish, spray with PAM, add marinara sauce, then fried zuchs, more marinara, zuchs etc. Top with mozzarella and bake @400 until golden brown.

Add julienned zuchs to any stirfry, stew or gumbo.

Slice into rounds, brush with olive oil and season, top with proscuitto and mozzarella, place on a cookie sheet and into the broiler.

Dice the zuchs, onions, tomato's and mushrooms and garlic. Saute' and deglaze with white wine and add a tomato sauce. Season to taste for a nice ratattatoille.

Cut zuchs in half, hollow out like a canoe. Stuff them with sausage, mushrooms, onions, garlic, tomato sauce etc. top with fresh grated parmigian and bake.

Dice zuchs and saute and add to any pasta dish.

Blanch thin slices in boiling water. Cool in ice water, then place on cookie rack after patting off excess water. Brush a TINY bit of olive oil on and then season with garlic powder and seasalt. Place in dehydrator.

Salute', TB.

Dude you can also make a nice chilled summer soup. Sauteed zucchini, fresh green peas (boiled), vegetable stock, cilantro, sour cream, salt, in a blender.

Thai Green Curry.

Chicken Thigh
Zucchini
Coconut milk
Coconut cream
Mushroom (oyster is my preferred)
red capsicum
Green Curry paste (hm made if you can)

Place curry paste in pan & heat , place chicken, coat with hot curry paste for few minutes.
Throw everything in... simmer for MIN 1 hr on low.

If you like them fried, my mother's recipe is simple but AMAZING!

Slice zukes thinly into medallions
Place 3-4 zukes worth of slices into a large bowl and toss with 1 whole egg until all are coated, then toss in enough flour to make a wet batter-ish coating. Should be pretty sticky stuff. Fry over medium heat in enough vegetable oil to float them, flipping once until golden brown. Salt and season to taste while still hot outta tha fryer.

Very simple, but the method of dredging leaves you with nice crispy bits all around!

Zucchini Casserole

This doesn't have much HEAT...but I'm sure you could kick it up a bit.

2 zucchini, sliced thin
1 shallot, chopped fine
1 garlic clove, chopped
salt and black pepper, to taste
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
1/4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs, for topping
1 cup Cheddar cheese

In a bowl, combine the zucchini, shallot, garlic, salt, pepper, olive oil, cream, 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese and 1/2 cup breadcrumbs. Toss to combine. Pour into a baking pan that has been coated with non-stick cooking spray. Top with the remaining cheese and breadcrumbs. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 30 minutes.

Zucchini w/ Dill Sauce

6 medium zucchini, peeled and coarsely grated
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 medium onion, chopped
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons dill, finely chopped
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 cup water

Mix salt, vinegar and zucchini; then let sit for 1/2 hour. Saute the onion in butter. Stir in the flour and cook for 2 minutes over low heat. Stir in dill, paprika and water; blend well. Squeeze excess liquid from zucchini and add the zucchini to the sauce. Cook over low heat, while stirring occasionally, for about 1/2 hour or until tender.

Serves 8

Back