• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

NeedsWork 2017 - Year Three

Happy New Year!   :cheers:  Cheers to another year growing with y'all.  

My first round of seeds started soaking on 12/31.  They hit the dirt 24 hours later on 1/1.  They are hanging out with my 3rd season bhut and aloe.

Purple Suomi
Infinity Monster
Chocolate Moruga Hix Strain
SBJ7
Nebru Australia
Madballz Rusty 7 Pot
Padron
De Arbol
Pasilla Bajio
Bhut Jalokia (From 3rd season plant)
Caribbean Red Hab
Long Red Cayenne
Yellow Cayenne
Hot Cayenne
Cayenne Joe
7 Pot Brain Strain 
Reaper
Bahamian Goat
Fatali
Dragon Cayenne
Aji Blano Crystal (From last year's growdown)
Hangijao #5

DD9F2015-9932-4946-B0A2-EBA0419D0BB0_zps3cuu7ele.jpg

393EE518-B443-4176-8654-F05727C593C5_zpsvqzknnfj.jpg

F9A45437-F40D-4103-B239-78311255C840_zpsir54gmto.jpg

Link to 2015 season: http://thehotpepper.com/topic/53268-first-glog-2015/
Link to 2016 season: http://thehotpepper.com/topic/58631-needswork-2016-year-two/page-1

Devv said:
I read about that cold up your way. Hope it goes away really soon ;)

We survived!!  Sorry for the late post.

Hope all of the pepper heads are having a great season.  Mine is a little behind last year with the cold start and my lack of weeding.

The 3rd season ghost pepper is loving life.  The pods are more fruity than hot... or maybe I am getting used to them.  I eat them on just about everything.  I've been drying full trays at a time to keep up.

3ghost_zpspw7dfwr7.jpg

ghost_zps6h3s0oeu.jpg

I just ate my first Infinity Monster raw out of the garden.  It was a baby with only a few seeds, but it lit me up for a solid 5 minutes.  Full body tingle. 

infinity_zpsrj5bkepy.jpg

Garden is relatively happy.  The recent 80F days with rain have helped.

pepper%20garden_zpshb161yy0.jpg

My tiny city house ready for the 4th.

party2_zpsrohpplys.jpg

Photobucket changed their terms - all of my links are broken.  Not just THP but every forum ever since 2005 or so.  What a big #### you.  Please PM me if you see a post that you would like to see.  Sorry friends   :tear:  :rolleyes:

Here is the garden as of July 16th.  Everyone has been loving the warm humid weather.

8wxEBtt.jpg

9Gkbk0Y.jpg

Baby Reaper seems to be growing true

4gN7W5l.jpg

I think the Purple Suomi is a Purple Bhut.  The pods are very tasty and scorchin' hot when they ripen to red.  The plant is a beast.  Certainly a keeper for future grows.

NTyvHa9.jpg

6Gu4VKf.jpg

The Not Yellow Bhut looks like a yellow scorpion 

8dOdn0B.jpg

The white habaneros are loaded with green pods.  They make possibly my favorite powder.  Great for soups in the dead of winter.  

n4xUQZZ.jpg

The bhut from the 3rd season plant has a ton of yummy looking pods.

oNs646Q.jpg

Somebody left this guy in the weeds on our road in his carrier with his toys.  Our neighbor found him out in the sun meowing for home.  He goes to the vet tomorrow to get his shots and tests.  We will be your forever home little buddy!    

ZZPMZ7B.jpg

EkPQhBQ.jpg

Essegi said:
Great looking plants!
Also i'm really glad about the saved kitten!

Thanks!!  He is fitting in with the other two nicely.  "nicely"  ;)

1aT6uoZ.jpg

The pods are coming in thick.  I think they are a little behind last year.  Lots of drying and eating.

vUe9moG.jpg

cvXXu8x.jpg

First time growing JPGS, yum!  I saved seeds from the one with a tail in the background.

tKK3zmX.jpg

Lot's of cayenne and paprika tor dry.

ItPmHhF.jpg

KtvsOFb.jpg

YkxZGtz.jpg

I've had a chance to eat at least one of everyone raw.  Even the super hots are extra tasty this year.  Thanks for stopping by.  I enjoy seeing everyone's garden photos!

WJ7dGNN.jpg

Nice!  Those JPGS look a little under-ripe to me but it may be the light.  Mine went from that yellowish color to a more creamy white.  This is my first year growing them though.

theBelvidere said:
Nice!  Those JPGS look a little under-ripe to me but it may be the light.  Mine went from that yellowish color to a more creamy white.  This is my first year growing them though.

You are probably right.  I've never had one - so I may have jumped the gun.   :dance:

I am patiently waiting on this Madballz Rusty 7 Pot.  I've been waiting on this plant for almost 10 months now....  :mope:  ;)
LLbMYtL.jpg

I feel like my season 1-2 months behind last year.  But there are still tons of pods.  I'm trying to dry everything that I can't eat/trade.  Does anyone have any suggestions for what to do with Pasilla Bajio?

5uwOEz7.jpg

A3g3qEO.jpg

lF65Dm1.jpg

XakcSxI.jpg

IvqDIyp.jpg
L6DWNVK.jpg

I noticed you are also growing NeBru ..... how have they turned out for you. It's a variety I have grown for a few years now just interested to know what you think

Pasilla Bajio would be awesome smoked then dried then just blitz them into flakes. Superb aroma and flavour. Another under rated pepper.

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk

Trident chilli said:
I noticed you are also growing NeBru ..... how have they turned out for you. It's a variety I have grown for a few years now just interested to know what you think

Sorry - It has been more than a month!  

I don't recall germ times, but the plant itself has done great compared to its neighbors.  It seems very robust and productive.

The pods are large (for a super) and contain lots of seeds. 

The smell is almost like a yellow bhut (citrus, floral) but doesn't sting my nose like a bhut does.  

I ate two fairly large slices from both pods (no seeds).  It was very juicy and flavorful up front with minimal heat.  It reminded me of a large red hab crossed with a yellow super hot.  Lots of 'yellow flavor'.  The heat was delayed and hit the back of my mouth first.  Over five or so minutes it crept from the back of my mouth to the tip of my tongue, slowly building.  It certainly packs a punch - my belly is reminding me.  It's a very tasty super hot that could cause trouble due to the lack of upfront heat.  
  :fireball:

l9ICXoc.jpg

I2m9Mnr.jpg

Superhot Sim said:
Pasilla Bajio would be awesome smoked then dried then just blitz them into flakes. Superb aroma and flavour. Another under rated pepper.

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk

Sorry for the delayed reply.  That sounds like a great idea. I'm going to check tomorrow to see if I have any pods left to experiment on.   ;)

Just some general updates.  Moved all of the overwinter candidates into the grow tent.  Running the MH / HPS combo again.  My bhut is going to celebrate it's 4th season next year.  

24Wv9t5.jpg

1zXIXVC.jpg

AG4U7GD.jpg

1gCLfzT.jpg

wXYwtFS.jpg

XVXckMe.jpg

KrfypkD.jpg

swyT94B.jpg

Ku1HzIU.jpg

phLOg9x.jpg

wK7IoT5.jpg

ZllrVVw.jpg

Well last night was probably my last harvest.  Nothing too interesting.  The bahamian goat tail trait showed up again.  I also found a massive conjoined scotch brain.  Now it's time to fire up the dehydrator.    :dance:  

09ZVmnB.jpg

nZTGYnq.jpg

OUSnwkA.jpg

aBAyFz2.jpg

Back