• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Neem Kills Babies

Here is a pic of some buds that were aborted the next day after a neeming. Poor lil guys...they were on the Habanero

3664074288_dea8bece1f.jpg

I'm not sure what to do now, the neem has been good at keeping the aphids away.

On the other hand, it could help the plant make some quality pods whilest simultaneously pushing up new buds.

And I know I'm not making the mix too strong, less than a half dose, the water barely has that lemon scent.

Diablo said:
And I know I'm not making the mix too strong, less than a half dose, the water barely has that lemon scent.

Lemon? Holy crap I wish the stuff I bought smelled like lemons. More like a combination of rotten garlic and unwashed ass.

Skydiver said:
Lemon? Holy crap I wish the stuff I bought smelled like lemons. More like a combination of rotten garlic and unwashed ass.

I am sitting and pondering how one would know exactly what unwashed ass tends to smell like. :oops:

At this moment in life no, but maybe through the trials and tribulations of life, one lears what unwashed ass smells like :?:

rds040800 said:
At this moment in life no, but maybe through the trials and tribulations of life, one lears what unwashed ass smells like :?:

I am afraid of 4 things:unwashed ass,women, snakes, and the police. They all have the ability to hurt me and make it look like it was my fault.:lol:

rds040800 said:
I am sitting and pondering how one would know exactly what unwashed ass tends to smell like. :oops:

I'm a Registered Nurse. If there's a smell the human body is capable of producing, I've smelled it.

Skydiver said:
I'm a Registered Nurse. If there's a smell the human body is capable of producing, I've smelled it.

That's for sure. Human body is producing a wide range of smells. Pre- and postmortem of course.:lol:

That sucks on the neem oil Diablo- that's never happened to me before and I usually mix stronger rather than weaker. I always spray at dusk too, cause I'm not sure if there's any photosensitivity issues or not, but I always do it with pretty much everything just in case. Sorry man, I remember I once recommended neem to you.

@boutros Dude, don't trip. I knew more or less what I was gettin into with the neem. It's a bit hotter up here that down in SD, and I know that. Relax buddy...

I don't think it's the neem, it's still losing buds. Namely, the habanero is still aborting buds. I think it's the heat. I noticed a few buds still doing ok though, under some leaves. I think the heat and the direct sun to the buds are killing them off. It's ok, natural pinching as I see it. I have two buds still doing ok on the Hab, the rest are being killed off by the sun it seems. Will keep an eye out. The buds that are making it, are under leaves and not getting hit by direct sun. As the plant bushes out I anticipate many buds...

Well, I have been able to shade my plants for 4 days and they have responded by filling out greatly, even in only 4 days.

Then I found aphid colonies on my hab. Since I thought I found the problem to be the sun, I went ahead with the neem.

Today I found that my only 2 good buds, that have actually progressed, will probably die soon.

It seems my other plants don't mind neem, but the Hab buds cannot take it. :(

Lunchtime check on plants verified suspician, buds dieing. Hab no likie the neem.

Looking into alternatives to neem for the Hab...

Back