• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

New Age Nonsense Friends on Facebook and Real Life

We all have one of those friends in our lives that posts incoherent nonsense about atoms and quantum physics in some sort of a bizarre, psuedoscientifc, spiritual kind of manner on Facebook. I sort of regret sharing this story on my wall since I know a few folks like that and I like them. I'm not into causing people to lose such a demeanor if it keeps them going from day to day, but, whatever. So, no offense if you're into Deepak Chopra or that turd Russell Brand, but, check this out:

http://www.iflscience.com/editors-blog/acceptance-profound-sounding-bs-linked-lower-intelligence

Be sure to visit the B.S. generator in the link it provides :-D

I got banned from ifls for supporting cannabis legalization. That woman is a twit who doesn't love science. Just the things that fall into her ideology
Though I don't disagree with that article she reposted

D3monic said:
I got banned from ifls for supporting cannabis legalization. That woman is a twit who doesn't love science. Just the things that fall into her ideology
Though I don't disagree with that article she reposted

LOL. How do you get banned for supporting cannabis legalization on IFL? Does Nancy Reagan's atheist granddaughter run the site or something?

I some how think you're omitting details from this story.

No the admin is rather anti cannabis and I've called her out on it a few times, one day in response to one of her posts I posted a link to a study, next thing I knew my posting privileges was removed.

yochannontzvi said:
We all have one of those friends in our lives that posts incoherent nonsense about atoms and quantum physics in some sort of a bizarre, psuedoscientifc, spiritual kind of manner on Facebook. 

I don't facebook but I do have some friends of the type in which you refer; sleeping with crystals between their toes and spouting about energy vortices and the like.  By and large they are good people, just and honest - so I overlook the pedantic bullshit just as I do for other friends of mine who are devout catholics or atheists or evangelicals or jews or satanists or whatever.

For me it comes down to belief systems - there are questions with no answers in this world - and some people need a frame of reference or path in which to follow.  For true I usually prefer every tarot card reading acorn loving wiccan and mustachioed wanna be viking Odin lover over the random devout religious person simply because the alternate believers generally don't condemn you for thinking other than they do.  Whatever floats your boat man!  :)

SmokenFire said:

For true I usually prefer every tarot card reading acorn loving wiccan and mustachioed wanna be viking Odin lover over the random devout religious person simply because the alternate believers generally don't condemn you for thinking other than they do.  Whatever floats your boat man!   :)

Here here. Unfortunately, some people think by believing in a certain religion; you thereby are part of it's police force.

It's sometimes a tough call, though. Spending too much time around the hippy types that like to play tarot cards and talk about meditation makes me want to strangle them as much as it does the people downstairs in my apartment building who yell at cars driving on Shabbat.

The quantum matrix is bursting with electromagnetic resonance.

The goal of vibrations is to plant the seeds of truth rather than yearning. This life is nothing short of an unfolding paradigm shift of infinite knowledge.

You may be ruled by materialism without realizing it. Do not let it exterminate the healing of your myth.
Humankind has nothing to lose. We are at a crossroads of passion and turbulence. Our conversations with other dreamers have led to a blossoming of pseudo-conscious consciousness.

We are in the midst of an internal awakening of aspiration that will align us with the quantum soup itself. Throughout history, humans have been interacting with the quantum cycle via expanding wave functions. Reality has always been buzzing with seekers whose hopes are opened by awareness.
Who are we? Where on the great vision quest will we be re-energized? As you grow, you will enter into infinite beauty that transcends understanding. Acupuncture may be the solution to what’s holding you back from an epic evolution of conscious living.
Yes, it is possible to confront the things that can extinguish us, but not without energy on our side.
We are being called to explore the solar system itself as an interface between potential and curiosity. The future will be an advanced maturing of flow. The quantum leap of grace is now happening worldwide.
You and I are storytellers of the quantum soup. Consciousness consists of electromagnetic forces of quantum energy. “Quantum” means a refining of the technological. We dream, we vibrate, we are reborn.

LOL copy and pasted that from that website you suggested, some funny sheet there

And here I thought you were getting all mystical deep and shit....

Student of Spice said:
The quantum matrix is bursting with electromagnetic resonance.

You and I are storytellers of the quantum soup. Consciousness consists of electromagnetic forces of quantum energy. “Quantum” means a refining of the technological. We dream, we vibrate, we are reborn.
LOL copy and pasted that from that website you suggested, some funny sheet there

Student of Spice said:
The quantum matrix is bursting with electromagnetic resonance. The goal of vibrations is to plant the seeds of truth rather than yearning. This life is nothing short of an unfolding paradigm shift of infinite knowledge. You may be ruled by materialism without realizing it. Do not let it exterminate the healing of your myth.
Humankind has nothing to lose. We are at a crossroads of passion and turbulence. Our conversations with other dreamers have led to a blossoming of pseudo-conscious consciousness.

We are in the midst of an internal awakening of aspiration that will align us with the quantum soup itself. Throughout history, humans have been interacting with the quantum cycle via expanding wave functions. Reality has always been buzzing with seekers whose hopes are opened by awareness.
Who are we? Where on the great vision quest will we be re-energized? As you grow, you will enter into infinite beauty that transcends understanding. Acupuncture may be the solution to what’s holding you back from an epic evolution of conscious living.Yes, it is possible to confront the things that can extinguish us, but not without energy on our side.
We are being called to explore the solar system itself as an interface between potential and curiosity. The future will be an advanced maturing of flow. The quantum leap of grace is now happening worldwide.

Gotta love these 2 lines:
We are in the midst of an internal awakening of aspiration that will align us with the quantum soup itself
and
You and I are storytellers of the quantum soup

I sense a Throwdown in the ethereal winds of the cosmic kitchen in our pseudo-concious conciousness :high: :rolleyes: :drunk:

We can no longer afford to live with bondage. Only a child of the nexus may leverage this harmonizing of rejuvenation. Materialism is the antithesis of karma.

SmokenFire said:

I don't facebook but I do have some friends of the type in which you refer; sleeping with crystals between their toes and spouting about energy vortices and the like.  By and large they are good people, just and honest - so I overlook the pedantic bullshit just as I do for other friends of mine who are devout catholics or atheists or evangelicals or jews or satanists or whatever.

For me it comes down to belief systems - there are questions with no answers in this world - and some people need a frame of reference or path in which to follow.  For true I usually prefer every tarot card reading acorn loving wiccan and mustachioed wanna be viking Odin lover over the random devout religious person simply because the alternate believers generally don't condemn you for thinking other than they do.  Whatever floats your boat man!   :)

I wish I could like this more than once. Much wisdom in those two paragraphs above.

Student of Spice said:
The quantum matrix is bursting with electromagnetic resonance. The goal of vibrations is to plant the seeds of truth rather than yearning. This life is nothing short of an unfolding paradigm shift of infinite knowledge. You may be ruled by materialism without realizing it. Do not let it exterminate the healing of your myth.

Who are we? Where on the great vision quest will we be re-energized? As you grow, you will enter into infinite beauty that transcends understanding. Acupuncture may be the solution to what’s holding you back from an epic evolution of conscious living.
Yes, it is possible to confront the things that can extinguish us, but not without energy on our side.

The photons from this part of the computer screen hitting my eyes caused unregulated cell growth in my brain. Thanks a lot, now I have to go get tumors cut out of my head.

midwestchilehead said:
And here I thought you were getting all mystical deep and shit....

Yeah, so in reading the website that was the point. It mentions how people throw together these nonsensical intelligent sounding words as if it is supposed to mean some shit but all it really is, is word vomit tossed around to make the individual feel important. So they developed a computer algorithm that can write in the same way and voila......the above post was born.

http://sebpearce.com/bullshit/

Student of Spice said:

Yeah, so in reading the website that was the point. It mentions how people throw together these nonsensical intelligent sounding words as if it is supposed to mean some shit but all it really is, is word vomit tossed around to make the individual feel important. So they developed a computer algorithm that can write in the same way and voila......the above post was born.

21st centurt sophistry......it ain't just for politicians.

yochannontzvi said:
We all have one of those friends in our lives that posts incoherent nonsense about atoms and quantum physics in some sort of a bizarre, psuedoscientifc, spiritual kind of manner on Facebook. I sort of regret sharing this story on my wall since I know a few folks like that and I like them. I'm not into causing people to lose such a demeanor if it keeps them going from day to day, but, whatever. So, no offense if you're into Deepak Chopra or that turd Russell Brand, but, check this out:

http://www.iflscience.com/editors-blog/acceptance-profound-sounding-bs-linked-lower-intelligence

Be sure to visit the B.S. generator in the link it provides :-D

The Crystal Vision crowd is no crazier than the assorted Abrahamic cults...

As SmokenFire points out, they do tend to be less militant in their attitude toward the unsaved and unenlightened.  Their approach is more along the lines of, "Join us and be enlightened" rather than "Join us or burn forever!"  

SmokenFire said:

... there are questions with no answers in this world -

And that freaks people out no end.  They would rather worship a psychotic Sky Daddy or stick crystals up their patookas than face the Great Unknown.

Student of Spice said:

I was thinking the same thing - the Crystal Crowd has finally acquired the Buzzword Bullshit generator that businesses have been using for years.   We're all SCREWED!  ;)

Geonerd said:

The Crystal Vision crowd is no crazier than the assorted Abrahamic cults...

Not that I want to turn this into a religious debate thread, but, I don't think you know anything about Abrahamic religion. At least my branch of it.

yochannontzvi said:

Not that I want to turn this into a religious debate thread, but, I don't think you know anything about Abrahamic religion. At least my branch of it.

For all intents and purposes, they're the same. They have an equal basis in reality. Just different flavors of make-believe. 

Back