• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds New and improved solar heated outdoor seed starter.

You will need a square plastic cooler. Some potting soil cups and seeds. Thermometer optional. Picture frame needed also.

Ok position the cooler in a sunny are where sun hits almost al day.
add a small bit off water to the bottom a little less than half an inch all over the bottom evenly. Fill cups with potting soil and water i and add seeds. make sure to label. Cut a square out at the top of the cooler cover with the glass from a picture frame and tape. Add thermometer to make sure temps are ok. and get germinating away.

also in the fall and winter it can covert to an indoor germinator by simple putting it inside and mounting an incandescent bulb and viola an indoor and outdoor solar powered generator

so there u have it. all the seeds i planted in it germinated. and they were planted in regular garden soil . not even potting soil so i'm sure this will work for u.

peppermanbaha said:
also in the fall and winter it can covert to an indoor germinator by simple putting it inside and mounting an incandescent bulb and viola an indoor and outdoor solar powered generator

Indoors it would become an electric powered "generator" ;)

Good idea for outdoors, i am not sure that water and electricity mix though :confused:

Back