• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

New Born

I saw this little fellow while hiking through the woods last friday. I almost stepped on it. I would say that it is only hours old.

f9m7b8.jpg

Awesome! I hand delivered 7 puppies yesterday. The mother wouldn't push them all the way out so I played doctor and helped her. 7 beautiful pups.

Charles

Very cute photo for sure. Where did Mom go ? Could you see her checking you ?

cjbrewer5 ...... I helped once. Gross for me as a first timer and not knowing much. Green junk .... lots of ( to me !!! ) blood . It was cool after the pups stopped coming and I
got to relax. Have fun with pups .

Peace,
P. Dreadie

I am sure that the mother wasn't far. They usually go off to feed and come back several times a day to nurse. She probably saw me even though I didn't see her.

The next time you come across any fawn in the woods, try stomping your feed like an adult does when it's nervous. They will come running right over to you. I've done it a bunch of time and it is hilarious when they stop and stare at you like "Mommy!?"

Back