dehydrators New Commercial Dehydrator

i use a Dehydrator and they work Excellent, dont think any1's had a Prob with growing my seeds from.. Its a Temp Thang,, Temps here get to 40C outside and there is no Probs growing them when Dry straight from the Plant SOOOOOOOOOOOO tested seeds @ 40 , 45 , 50 etc @ 40C,, Perfect after go above 40 , the Germinaion rate decreases.. have gotten seeds dried @ 60C to sprout but was down to bout 10% germination.

Frozen sucks balls tooooo and seeds got bout 10% rate from seeds from Pods been frozen a week..

still prefer my old cardboard box with bamboo stakes for rods that hold trays over a few Light bulbs (runs @ 30 - 34C)

theHippySeedCo said:
i use a Dehydrator and they work Excellent, dont think any1's had a Prob with growing my seeds from.. Its a Temp Thang,, Temps here get to 40C outside and there is no Probs growing them when Dry straight from the Plant SOOOOOOOOOOOO tested seeds @ 40 , 45 , 50 etc @ 40C,, Perfect after go above 40 , the Germinaion rate decreases.. have gotten seeds dried @ 60C to sprout but was down to bout 10% germination.

Frozen sucks balls tooooo and seeds got bout 10% rate from seeds from Pods been frozen a week..

still prefer my old cardboard box with bamboo stakes for rods that hold trays over a few Light bulbs (runs @ 30 - 34C)

Thanks Neil for that info, I appreciate you telling me. That is interesting about frozen ones giving such little germination. I don't really like to freeze my chillies as they go so mushy, its ok if you use it in cooking but then you can't chop it up properly unless you do it before freezing, so that won't be a prob for me.

Cheers:)

Here are some pics of the first things I made apart from drying my chillies. It was all very tasty and worked out quite well although the apples needed a little less time. I dipped them in lemon juice which worked really well to stop the browning. I also made fruit leather straps that had banana and apple in them. The tomatoes I did 3 ways: 1 salt & pepper, 1 oregano and one with chilli salt. They were so tasty that is all I ate for the first few days, they are great snacks - has kept me off chocolate and chips for a little bit.

edf4eaa12a5a4d0588011ea883a6d829

8761479e552f455a80eb4ef2aef7b7ef

628fef7057eb4e2797dac99a672ed2df

The habs were a little bit overdone, but now I have something to go off next time! Just glad I have another way (much easier than stringing chillies up and air drying)of getting through winter without fresh pods

Back