• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

New Google trick...

If you go to google.com and then click images, there is a new feature that allows you to drag and drop images from your computer to the google search bar. I haven't tried it with any thing other than some vacation pictures, but it worked really well for that. I thought it might be handy for identifying mystery bugs and the like. If someone has a good bug picture give it a shot and let us know how it works!

(I guessed at where this thread should go. Just sayin') :)

Wow, it really works. Very cool. It also shows a dozen or so images that are similar in shape and color as the original. This could be very useful for identifying ANYTHING including peppers, pests, or even people. Who's gonna be the first person to drag a photo of themselves into the search bar? Not me......

I hadn't thought of putting my own picture in! I tried it and it didn't do anything exciting. It just gave me a list of 'visually similar images'. It is certainly something worth tinkering with though...

Back