• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

New Grow Spot

Ok so in my new house there is a nice sized area under the split level entryway that in addition to using to house my media server and stuff, I would like to dedicate a portion of it for starting off my seeds/plants. For now I will be using 4 4' Fluro's but eventually would like to upgrade to 200W CFL's. This spot is pretty cool, figuratively and literally. Naturally I am wondering if I will have much to worry about with mold? I will take some pics once we are moved in and I finally get the spot organized. some of it is drywalled and some of it isn't. I would imagine even with the CFLS that there isn't going to be any/much heat and the warmest the plants may get is when they are germing. So I suppose if I have any problems at all maybe it will be giving them a warmer environment until they get outside. So what are some things I should know or take into consideration with growing plants in this type of area? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Back