New Grow Tent

Greetings fellow pepper lovers,
I just discovered this forum and it looks extremely useful for my next hobby. I am trying to find a new hobby for these cold winter months and a friend suggested that I try indoor gardening. I started by attempting herbs, but peppers grow much faster. These plants will stay indoors for their duration.

I’m trying my first attempt at growing peppers in a 2x2 grow tent with an LED light. I am attempting to grow Shishito, Mini Red Peppers, and lunchbox peppers. I don’t know if I have enough space for three plants…this is all one big experiment. I tried to limit myself to smaller plants that produce peppers that I can eat in large quantities. I might experiment with hotter peppers in my next grow.

I welcome any guidance from experienced pepper growers. Here are my specifics…

Tent: 2x2x6 AC Infinity tent (can this handle three plants?)
Container: 2 gallon plastic pots
Soil: 80% coco coir and 20% perlite
Nutrients: General hydroponics Flora series, Cal Mag and Maxicrop Seaweed Extract
Light: 150 watt ViparSpectra LED
Oscillating fan
(No humidifier….45% household humidity)

Thanks in advance for any guidance. Glad to be here.
IMG_1107.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1109.jpeg
    IMG_1109.jpeg
    163.2 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1110.jpeg
    IMG_1110.jpeg
    248.8 KB · Views: 31
Thanks for all of the “welcome” posts! I’ve been digging into this website and I’m thinking I should add a few more fiery peppers to my grow. I’m limited by plant size to a small 2x2 footprint, but I’m adding Biquinho Red Peppers and Thai Red Chile’s to the grow. I’m not very knowledgeable about peppers, so I’m doing a lot of research.

So I plan to grow four plants in self feeding pots.
Shishito peppers
Lunchbox peppers
Biquinho peppers and
Thai red chiles.

I can’t handle the heat from anything more than a raw Serrano….and even jalapeños can put me down at times, so I don’t want anything too spicy until I’m ready to experiment with making hot sauces.

If this hobby takes off, I think I’m going to need a larger tent. (I live in a condo….no outside garden option)

Back