New grower from Florida

Hey, my names Joey, I live in Orlando Florida. About 7 or 8 months ago I ordered some Bhut Jolokia seeds online to see if I could get them to grow to try and get my friends to eat as a joke, but now I'm kind of interested in seeing what I could maybe make with them besides salsa. I just got my first pepper earlier this week and I'm hoping to see more in the future. My plants lived inside in a little grow cabinet I made for it for the first 6 months of its life, it was flowering for about a month or two before I transferred it outside for the summer and it has had no special additives (I heard that I was supposed to put fert on it to start the flowering process but never got around to doing it) but I heard that to get it to go from flowering to peppering I was supposed to put fish meal in the soil? I was curious to how true that was and if it would expand my peppering rate or not. Now that its been outside it started peppering on one of my plants (The more healthy, strong one). Anyways, here are some pictures of the plants:

Pepper.jpg

(This was taken today)
DSC02487.jpg
This was last Wednesday when it first started growing
DSC02513.jpg

This was on Friday (Two days after I noticed it first starting to grow and be something other then a flower)
DSC02514.jpg

This is my smaller more fragile bhut jolokia plant.
DSC02576.jpg

This is the stronger one that was flowering and now has a pepper on it.

Thanks for the welcomes, what do you guys think about the fish meal to help my plant produce more peppers? Or should I not jump the gun since this is my first pepper and see how it does from here?

welcome.gif
from Oregon! Take it easy on fertilizer at first and see what your plants are doing. If your an experienced gardner, start with whatever fert you like. If not cruise the forum there are many different theories and recipes for fertilizer. Fish fert is excellent, I use the Alaska Brand mixed with their GroMorBloom product. I'm also trying out some things I've seen on the forum that crop up a lot. Do a search and visit the grow logs for a wealth of info!

edit: Product Name typo

Back