New grower in Ct

Welcome from western NY, I used to live in CT I was in Enfield then Farmington. If your starter tray has holes in the bottom, I would recommend lightly misting the tops, But bottom feed, Take the tray that the starting pods came in, Put water in that and place the pods back into it. This allows the moisture to soak in from the bottom and helps root development. Invest in a moisture gauge too. $8.99 at home depot. Its just a probe that you stick into the soil and it will give you a better idea of when to water them. I usually let mine get pretty dry, On my gauge its usually a 3 or 4. (my probe is 1-3 dry, 4-7 moist, 8-10 Wet) so when they dry up quite a bit, I give them a little drink.
Now, I am no expert by any means. This is what I have been learning from these guys on here as I am new to the forum as well. I am also new to starting indoors. I have a decent growth right now. Just started germinating a few more as well. I have a lot going on so every piece of advice these guys give me I soak in. this is a great community to be part of. So Happy growing and :welcome:

s-l300_zps6w9rfcd2.jpg

Back