New Grower in NorCal

Hello! I jut stumbled across this site and thought I should jump in and see what there is to see, share what I can, and learn from fellow chiliheads. I'm in super sunny California and have a modest grow this year consisting of 25 chili plants and 8 tomato plants. Here's a rundown of what I am growing:

Toms

1 Jellybean
2 White Bianca
2 Black Zebra
3 Hayley's Purple Comet

Peppers

4 White Habanero
3 Bhut Jolokia
3 Trinidad Moruga Scorpion
2 Red Scotch Bonnet
2 Carolina Reaper
2 Satan's Kiss
3 Fresno Red
2 Chi Chein 
2 Jwala
2 Anaheim

All raised from seed starting in January on an indoor grow. I had 70+ at first, but gave some starters to friends and family, and sold a dozen of them to Grocery Cafe, a Burmese restaurant opening in the Tenderloin district of San Francisco. (and lost a few, of course) All organic. They were hardened and potted up, then into the raised wicking beds. A blend of turkey compost with clean topsoil gave me a pH of 7.09 and 1.93% nitrogen. Should work nicely.

I was going to include a couple photos, but photobucket won't load right now for some reason. I'll work on that. Maybe they are down for maintenance. 

Anyway, I have tremendous growth on my tomatoes, strong on the peppers (some are being a little lazy still, but it's early in the season). A couple ripe fruits, one of my Satan's Kiss which was just a fantastic little pepper, and a Fresno I picked today that was delicious, and had a much stronger heat signature than store bought pods.

That's it for now. I'll be around. And I will get some photos up as the grow continues.

Keep it spicy.

Welcome aboard shipmate!! :) Very nice grow you have going hope you get those pics loaded soon love to see your plants. You'll find a wealth of information here on a surprising amount of categories. And the best people you'll ever have the luck to meet. So jump in with both feet and have a Ball!!!! See y'all around the forum's

Murrells Inlet SC

oldsalty said:
Welcome aboard shipmate!! :) Very nice grow you have going hope you get those pics loaded soon love to see your plants. You'll find a wealth of information here on a surprising amount of categories. And the best people you'll ever have the luck to meet. So jump in with both feet and have a Ball!!!! See y'all around the forum's

Murrells Inlet SC

How'd you know I was Navy?

I'll get pics up as soon as I can access the host site. I'm an old fool from the old school, but maybe there is a way to upload straight from my Mac?

One way or another I'll get them up.

:welcome: to the THP forums from SC! Nice of you to join up; your grow sounds great! Cheers to a great season this year in sunny California, hope you get some awesome harvests! :cool:  (And yes- you have to use an off site image host like photobucket (why is it always sooo slow!?) or imgur.com, Flickr, etc.)

Alchymystic said:
:welcome: to the THP forums from SC! Nice of you to join up; your grow sounds great! Cheers to a great season this year in sunny California, hope you get some awesome harvests! :cool:  (And yes- you have to use an off site image host like photobucket (why is it always sooo slow!?) or imgur.com, Flickr, etc.)

I might just start a fresh account elsewhere for my grow pics. Thanks for the heads up. And yeah, this has been a positive grow, but a long time and a lot of work. All worth it in the end, right?

Thanks for all the welcomes! I started a Glog today, and a tossed a pic up to show the beds I built for this grow. Take a look and let me know what you think, and what you think I could have done better!

Back