• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

New hibrids are ripe¡¡¡

Just begin to mature the new hybrids, are 20 plants with very interesant caracteristics. Is this the firts hybrid that looks more like an havanero, whith a very intense flavor and aroma similar to the passion fruit and realy hotter than a jolokia (much more)

When mature the fruits of the different plants I will select the intense ones to practice an analysis of scoville, surely a new record.

Soon the pepper are ripe I´ll upload the photos to compare the different variations.

Jolokia X (Caribbean Red X Chocolate / Irradiatet gamma rays mutant)

Imagen125.jpg

inside:

Imagen126.jpg

Greetings

Yanick

They look hot from the glistening of the interior skin of the pepper...

New pepper alert!!!!!

by the way...I want to claim the first seeds available (if possible)...

Wow, looks awesome! Very cool. What are you going to name it?

Can you explain what "Irradiatet gamma rays mutant" means?

UnNatural said:
Can you explain what "Irradiatet gamma rays mutant" means?

I'm thinking it means he's pulling our leg. I hope anyway.

It is a good looking fire breathing mouth watering beastie and that's the truth!!

that's cool too...but it might....

Could I get those five seeds in the upper left of the pepper? lol. Nice one. I'm guessing everything will be held back until the Guiness submission is made and the seeds can be sold.

I'm amazed you can tell if something is hotter than a Jolokia off taste alone. Pretty insane a human tongue can differentiate above 1mm SHU now. :)

Chris

This is really interesting. I will pay €1000/seed if your "Irradiatet gamma rays mutant" breed true and break the record.

I just love humor in the morning:)

Not have a name yet, needs some several generations to stabilize it, is a F1 yet; on a par I obtein chili peppers like 7pod, scorpion, fatalli, of to be necessary to incorporate the genetics of these chili peppers to obtain a superChile, not just super hot, too whith also of great flavor and aroma.

Here whith these climatic conditions a cycle of seed to fruit takes 4 months and can be realised 3 per year, in August obtein a F2 generation, which I will again radiate with ´gamma rays (expose plants to a cobalt 60 source, to obtain mutations by radiation which breaks elice of DNA)

Is very hurried of my part to affirm to simple taste is hotter than a jolokia, (but realy are) whithout to realise a serious analysis of laboratory, but is certain soon I´will access to a cromatography to realise a serious tests, because my objective is a new recor, which obiaous will sustained by serious laboratory tests, and serius institutions too, so soon upload photos of the analyses and the results of these.

Soon I´ll upload more phothos.

Greetings

Yanick.

If you're exposing the plants to cobalt 60 then you're talking serious mutations. How can you stabilize the changes?

With the mutations you never known what happen, depends of the dossis, some are inherited to the following generations, another not, but it would happen an extraordinary mutation like a blue Chilli, this can to realise a tissue culture. The hereditary mutations are due to conserve, your see a many variegates generally.

The plants changed with different forms are really very common, in fact it is very probable that in our refrigerators exist at this moment, a simple example is the lettuce iceberg.

The following direction can be consulted is surprising the amount of modified plants genetically:

http://www-infocris.iaea.org/MVD/[/url]

exist many mutants in capsicum annum.

Yanick

I'm so lost on this conversation, I'll just remove myself. :) If I start seeing peppers with weird drug-like properties glowing neon blue, I'll wonder. Arw we talking food here still?

Chris

Here in Mexico is not really difficult to get acces a cobalt 60 source, you only must find an private oncology clinic and rent a session, a physique calculates the dose that you solicit to him, probably in the USA I¨ll be in the jail now or an a mental clinic (manicomio), but he is much more easy everything here.

Yanick

Back