• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

New hydro

Hi there, just starting my first glog. I can't remember what I started growing, so time will have to tell me. I just moved them from the starter peat pellets to their new home, my deep water culture(DWC) setup. I just built it today and I am pretty excited to see how everything turns out. Wish me luck. Now if only I can figure out how to add photos, haha. Figured it out thanks to Pexpeppers.

dr3r6mll.jpg

xQxgQJEl.jpg

k6v6JvUl.jpg

3Mu4M5Ol.jpg

j9ngGbil.jpg

vhJ5MKdl.jpg

So the total cost for everything I believe is $130 so far. That's including the nutrients, ph down, everything. I will probably post a week by week progress. This marks week 0 I guess. Also, how long should I have the pump on for? I know I want my light on constantly for now, but the pond pump that's inside, how long should that run, intervals or whatever?

99Zhotsauce said:
So the total cost for everything I believe is $130 so far. That's including the nutrients, ph down, everything. I will probably post a week by week progress. This marks week 0 I guess. Also, how long should I have the pump on for? I know I want my light on constantly for now, but the pond pump that's inside, how long should that run, intervals or whatever?

I'd get 2 of those cheap dial timers. Put one on the light for 18/6, 14/8, 12/12, whatever floats your boat, and when the light is on, I would run the pump for 15 minutes every hour or so. Less when the lights are off, but don't let the roots dry out.

So its been a couple of weeks since I have been on here. I figured I should update my glog. I have two sets of pictures from different dates. The first set is from ten days after I started my glog. Things are looking up for my plants. The second set is from today, 4/29/2014. I am not entirely sure whats growing right now since when I moved I lost how I had my grow setup. I either have purple jalapenos or Trinidad scorpions growing, the big ones. And then either peach habanero or a St. Lucia bird chili. I for sure have purple jalapenos and Trinidad scorpions growing, I am just not sure which ones are which, hahaha!

Alright, so the following pictures are from 4/20, lol.

28l9nyp.jpg

2ef1208.jpg

v8fvop.jpg

70feoz.jpg

28r1phv.jpg

This set is from the 4/25. They are getting bigger!!!

261j0qo.jpg

14kk400.jpg

inxxc9.jpg

Above, not sure if this is one of the purple jalapenos or Trinidad scorpion.

This next set is from 4/29.

334nu5g.jpg

w14imu.jpg

Above, my runts. They haven't died, just really slow at growing, lol.

I will post some tonight, just got home from work and I need to go to the gym while I have the motivation, lol. But I will get some posted tonight, although, the legs are skinny but there. :dance:

I am so sorry for not posting any updates for awhile. My purple jalapeños are doing great. In fact they are the only ones that survived. Not sure what did the others in except maybe a spike in the ph. Oh well, I will give the others a shot again when I move to Texas in a few weeks. I will post pictures of the purple jalapeños tomorrow when I get off work. My big plant has quite a few peppers on it. It def makes me happy, ha.

Back