• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense New Mexico Scorpion?

this whole 100 names for scorpions is crazy!

its why i ONLY  sell "SCORPIONS"     ive grown,butch t,moruga ,brains,and 20 other diffrent so called something scorpion.  i grow them and they get sold as scorpions!     ive seen every one them diffrent plants have the same dozen or so diffrent shaped pods.        

lets keep this simple yall ;)

hell ive got one  "reaper" plant that has 8 diffrent shapped pods on it that all look like pods on my scorpion plants!

Among other intrusting peppers you might hear of in the future is the HP50 and Chinese Naga,, also a ton of the already established superhots that have been crossed kinda like the madballs and bubblegum 7s bunch of butch T X ?pepper and douglah X ?pepper, in reality most of the original superhots were a hand full of peppers,,,yes there are a few Trinidads that are USA bred lets say,,I'm not going further on that one,, , it is really awesome what's happening in the pepper community, just hope we can preserve the awesome varietys we have ,,and its not all about what's the hot pepper of the year,I never smoked but when I was a kid it was Canadian skunk, diesel,blue bery yum yum now i hear,,sunny d northen lights kush,,this and that one guy told me he made up the name after he figured out how strong his stuff was,, I think I have a few Choc nukes and some Texas 9 Pots, blk cobrasin my back yard 20 $ A dozen pods, LoL,, no no more like choc bhuts and 7 pots, black nagas geez,,,,sorry had to do it,, ^^^^^^^^^^^^hope it funny

Yeah I got a few crazy odd balls growing this year like "not rusty's madballzs 7 pod" and "super scorps" from trades just to name a couple.  
since no one has said anything about growing them, I suppose they are some odd crosses, but then again I usually expect all my trade seeds are crossed, unless I'm told the seed come from netted plants or bagged flowers. If they grow true to their name so much the better.
But all the names that are showing up makes me wonder if they are real or just made up, not that it really matters that much so long as they taste good and have a good burn,  as I don't sell any of my seeds and I just call them what I was told they were or just that they are 7 pods or Scorpions if they look like they might be them, I do try and get a honest ID so that people know what they might be getting. 

pepperhog said:
just hope we can preserve the awesome varietys we have ,,and its not all about what's the hot pepper of the year
+1

People should save room to grow more stable varieties and real landraces instead of funky hybrids...

Datil

sunny d northen lights kush FTW!!!!!!!!! We didn't have that strain when I was younger. We just had mexican dirt weed 3 joints for 5 bucks. Also you could get a nickle bag from the bootlegger.

I actually thought some one crossed a New Mexico Chili with a  Scorpion Chilli, make for an interesting hybrid, good flavor with some heat.  
I may Try out a cross of Aji Dulce with Naga Morich later in the season.

Back