• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

New Plants

Hey All-

After seeing all the grand productive gardens many of you have posted, I really got the itch to shorten the time for production from mine. My sprouts are months from being mature.

Anyway, ordered 6 plants that arrived yesterday. They arrived already flowering and one has some small peppers on it.

Black Habanero:

blackhab.jpg

Black Naga:

blacknaga.jpg

Douglah:

douglahplant.jpg

Fatalii:

fatalii.jpg

Peter Pepper (I couldn't resist the novelty of it):

peter.jpg

Yucutan White Habanero:

whitehab.jpg

Just thought I'd share.

cool Doc...hope they grow well for you...

Cool never heard or Black nagas before just for it was bhut naga jolokia is this easier to grow ,smaller or just a different pepper

Hey Doc. what online site did ya get them from ? they look in pretty good shape .

Order them from I should say ...

cool Doc...hope they grow well for you...

Thanks. Yours is one of the gardens that has inspired me.

Cool never heard or Black nagas before just for it was bhut naga jolokia is this easier to grow ,smaller or just a different pepper

http://store.myorgan...9-P2519845.aspx

Seems it is the chocolate version of the King Naga. Stability seems to be unknown, so it could grow out red King Naga pods. We'll see.

Hey Doc. what online site did ya get them from ? they look in pretty good shape .

Order them from I should say ...
yeah, where did these come from?

I got these from Refining Fire Chiles:

www.refiningfirechiles.com

http://store.myorgan....aspx?sid=14895

Interesting to note that the Black Hab and Chocolate Hab are not the same. I would have guessed they were.

Thanks Doc.
And well , I just got monster naga , king naga , and black naga I'll be growing all three side by side so reckon It be intresting to see how they compare . What got me intrested was pod size on all three , and Woody harvested some awsome black nagas not to long ago .

Thanks Doc.
And well , I just got monster naga , king naga , and black naga I'll be growing all three side by side so reckon It be intresting to see how they compare . What got me intrested was pod size on all three , and Woody harvested some awsome black nagas not to long ago .

I would be very interested to hear how they compare, heat and flavor.

That's not some aphids or something I see hiding under some of those leaves there? :eek: (or just "dust" or something maybe?)

Certainly could be wrong though... being a photo and all, it's hard to tell.

They look a little thrown around by their travel but treat 'em right and I'm sure you'll have 'em back in tip top shape in no time. :)

Agreed they didn't like being in the shipping box, but they are already perking up. I checked under the leaves when they arrived and didn't see any aphids. I'll have to look again.

Agreed they didn't like being in the shipping box, but they are already perking up. I checked under the leaves when they arrived and didn't see any aphids. I'll have to look again.

Good to hear they are bouncing back already! :cool:

Yeah, on second look at some of the other photos, it does look more like dust or bits or something. Hope I didn't alarm you too much. :oops:

I went down to San Diego and picked up peppers from this same guy directly. I knocked off all the buds before planting... but I left them on the White Habanero (mine had a bunch of peppers just like yours). You will definitely want to knock those buds off though so the roots have a chance to grow. I got mine two weeks ago, put them in my bed, and they are already getting much bigger and have tons of new buds!

It's quite amazing to see how many peppers this guy is growing. For noobs like me, I would recommend buying whole plants from him instead of starting from seed because you will get peppers much quicker and with less effort... I also grew a bunch from seed, which is fun, but it's difficult and time consuming. I hope you enjoy those!

I went down to San Diego and picked up peppers from this same guy directly. I knocked off all the buds before planting... but I left them on the White Habanero (mine had a bunch of peppers just like yours). You will definitely want to knock those buds off though so the roots have a chance to grow. I got mine two weeks ago, put them in my bed, and they are already getting much bigger and have tons of new buds!

It's quite amazing to see how many peppers this guy is growing. For noobs like me, I would recommend buying whole plants from him instead of starting from seed because you will get peppers much quicker and with less effort... I also grew a bunch from seed, which is fun, but it's difficult and time consuming. I hope you enjoy those!

Welcome and thanks!

So, I decided to order a few more plants. There are another 6 that shipped today. Varieties are: Moruga, Chocolate Bhut, Yellow Bhut, Malaysian Goronong, Jamaican Yellow Mushroom, and Aji Panca (chinense).

Also, my wife was shopping the other day and she found some plants for $1.49 each. She picked up: Chenzo, Mohawk (???), Cheyenne, and a Yolo Wonder Bell.

All of these plus my sprouts and I'm gonna be out of room!

Aye, they are too small for peppers.

Back