• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

New portable greenhosue

Well, I finally got this thing ventilated!

Here are a few of my seedlings under the light (currently I am only running the middle 4 (of 8) T5 lights in this setup.

IMG_1250.jpg

The system has two modes... day and night. During the day, the main light is on for about 16 hours. This caused alot of heat inside the greenhouse... without ventilation, I had it up to 115 degrees F in there. So... I had to make a fan system that turned on only when the light was on. I made a power distribution board (its really simple) that provides 24/7 power to the main overhead fan (for air circulation and uniform temp inside)...

IMG_1253.jpg

... and the main circulation fan itself (light will be explained in next post).

IMG_1257.jpg

... and it also powers the fan that pulls cool air in from the outside.

IMG_1256.jpg

To ensure the fan stays on only when the main light is on (it gets cold at night in my garage), I made a power "switch" with some solar detectors.

IMG_1254.jpg

The sensor is placed below the light, and is a regulator, in that I set it up with a BJTto turn the fan on "faster" when it is closer to the light, and "slower" when it is further away. Its essentially a thermostat.

IMG_1255.jpg

Now... at night, my garage is about 45 degrees F (at the moment), so when the day mode ends, I have the two heat mats (below the seedlings and sitting next to the seedlings) turning on, as does the overhead "heating system" of the 75 W shop light below the circulation fan. Once more...

IMG_1257.jpg

During the day, I can either have 216W or 432W of T5 6500K light on and the temperature stays at a comfy and uniform 82 degrees F, and at night, the air temp inside stays at a comfy 72 to 74 degrees F depending on the air temp in the garage. I could leav the day mode on all the time, but I am capable of light cycling with good temps, so I am happy.

Overall, it needs some tweeking, but it is working well!

Back