• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

New problem every day

I know everyone is probably getting sick of me posting my problems on here, so sorry to bother anyone again but I seem to be having an unfair share of problems.. all the time. Just when it seems everything is fine, another problem pops up. On the same caribbean red plant that is having slow growth, I noticed some pretty decent tan/brown spots or not really spots, just 2 parts of it. I have no idea what this could be, and obviously it is having some sort of problem. I was thinking maybe a magnesium problem? Im not really sure, and Im at a loss of what to do. I hate problems and I cant seem to stop running out of them

DSC00039.jpg

DSC00038.jpg

Sorry for the quality, hope you can tell what it is. And those brown spots on the plant arent bugs, just bits of soil :)

looks like the tip got pinched coming out of the husk....

it's kind of hard to see but if you have given him fertilizer already you might have just left a drop or two on the leaf, if you haven't you could try giving him a very very weak fertilizer that has all the micro nutrients (like 1/8th strength maybe) although it does seem a little early to be a nutrient problem, you said there was slow growth how old is the plant? you might want to keep him away from the other plants in case it's bacterial.

I agree with AJ, I had some do the same thing and it finally went away. You got to give these guys a chance and grow the rest of the plant looks ok and plus they only been up and out of the ground ,,,,,,what 2 - 4 days Let them stretch out and growwwwwwwwwwww Hang in there

i like okie joe's perspective. chill man, have a beer : ). i'll take a pic of my hab 1 month old ( prolly shocked it a few times mighta dropped it : ( ) that is as grown as yours : ).

Just to give ya a lil example: My light fixture dropped on my petter pepper cross and took the whole top of it off with nothing left except three leaves. I picked him up and said ok now its up to you to grow. Today I checked it and its got at least four new leafs starting on it where it got cut. So these lil guys and gals are tough So sit back and watch yes there is things that you have to watch for but mostly they are minor like I got some turning yellow leafs and their soil isn't drying out as fast as the other so I moved them over so have a cold one and wait this summer you be saying mmmmmmmmmm these guys are tasting goooooooooood

Well, I would agree with the husk thing, but only the 2 got stuck in it, and it looked fine the last few days, as i've posted an old picture on it somewhere here that i'll find to show ya. The spots have only developed in the last few days, and havent been on it since it came up, making me think something else.

000_0140.jpg

With the stupid little weed in it. arg.

Run your fingers gently under the leaves and make sure there are no nasty aphids hiding down there.

Pam said:
Run your fingers gently under the leaves and make sure there are no nasty aphids hiding down there.

Is it just me or did this sound like an erotic proposition..
Ok enogh drink tonight going to bed:oops::cheers:

Back