• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

New section - Sauce Making 101

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
New section for sauce making. Newbies can ask questions, and pros can post tips!

GOOD TOUCH!

thehotpepper.com said:
New section for sauce making. Newbies can ask questions, and pros can post tips!

Nice service THP! Being a newbie is what I call a B&B (no - not that!) It is a both a BITCH & a BALL. I can remember, barely, the seasoned vets who bothered to reach back and give me a hand when at a time I badly needed one. Still that time it is one of life's exciting firsts. Hope I can contribute something. - E.Z.

BACK ON TASK!

:mouthonfire: Okay.... whatever. So, now back on the topic - I believe that this thread is an important resource for inspiring new sauce makers. Some current (experienced) makers will not care to help generate more competition, but there are a mumber of us that believe in "giving back". This "borrowed experience" can never make up for "actual experience", but it is sure as hell better than "no experience". I encourage new makers to take full advantage of the opportunity THP has afforded them here. - E.Z.

GO FOR IT DEVILDUCK

DevilDuck said:
There are also those of us who aspire to go pro but don't have the funds...but sill like making sauce in the kitchen!

I like an old saying (Anon.) that goes: "If you can't make great things happen, make small things happen in a great way."

Just because you are small doesn't mean you can't turn pro. They key factor I used to hammer home to my clients is to view your new business like growing a plant. The root system represents the financial strength that supports the entire plant. So, if you only have the funds for a geranium, don't try to produce an oak tree. The first ill wind (which will come - see my current "Ogre" trademark battle) will topple the whole structure. So start small, but always strive to be very professional as you nurture your company image. Then if you grow the business within a well calculted projected Critical Growth Path, your business can eventually become a majestic oak. Remember the Rule of 14.2 = Anything that grows at a compounding rate of 14.2% will double in size every 5 years (prox). Just be both smart and patient. - E.Z.

E.Z. Earl said:
I like an old saying (Anon.) that goes: "If you can't make great things happen, make small things happen in a great way."

Just because you are small doesn't mean you can't turn pro. They key factor I used to hammer home to my clients is to view your new business like growing a plant. The root system represents the financial strength that supports the entire plant. So, if you only have the funds for a geranium, don't try to produce an oak tree. The first ill wind (which will come - see my current "Ogre" trademark battle) will topple the whole structure. So start small, but always strive to be very professional as you nurture your company image. Then if you grow the business within a well calculted rojected Critical Growth Path, your business can eventually become a majestic oak. Remember the Rule of 14.2 = Anything that grows at a compounding rate of 14.2% will double in size every 5 years (prox). Just be both smart and patient. - E.Z.
GREAT advice Earl!

I'm working on it, Earl.

I got hooked last year when I sent 30 bottles up to Ohio for a car club meet I was unable to attend. They loved it!!!

Some of the guys have even found alternate uses:

BEFORE

picture016.jpg

AFTER

3.jpg

:lol: Funny DD - but I'm not sure that isn't making great things happen in a weird way.

I survived another cattle run and have returned back to rainy N.W. (6 inches last Monday!) - E.Z.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back