• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

New Stadium Pics for Aussie sport fans

Melbourne's new stadium for rugby and soccer opened last night and I have a few dodgy iphone pics to share. From bottom level:

003-4.jpg

002-8.jpg

001-12.jpg

During the opening ceremony, which was basically an Aboriginal blessing for the site:

007-4.jpg

From upper level:

010-1.jpg

The Kiwis performing the Haka:

011-3.jpg

Broken down already, must be a Holden:

012-2.jpg

The Aussies putting the pressure on:

013-3.jpg

It may not have been the most exciting game, but we still beat them......

chilehunter said:
looks like a very cool design.

Yeah it looks great from outside but I forgot to take pics until driving past on way home and they were pretty blurry, I'll see if I can find some pics on net.

pretty cool place, it seems.
i'm not much of a fan of the whole light-towers thing; which looks almost hastily added after the building's design was finalized... like, it looks really awesome how the edge of the "bubbles" has had lighting fixtures installed in certain sections.. the scaffolding towers just look out of place. tagged on.
someone buy me a plane ticket to australia, now.

I see what you mean about the light towers but it probably wouldn't be much fun watching in the dark. :) Still looks quite good over all though. The lighting around the bubbles are from lasers and the colour will change depending on the event. I'm looking forward to the A-League (soccer/football) season starting next week which means I'll be there every fortnight, I'm a season ticket holder for the mighty

Melbourne Victory

Back