• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

New Taco Bell commercial

I couldn't find a video of it to link to, but has anyone seen the new Taco Bell commercial where the guy goes to some fictitious competitor and gets a "Double Hellraiser with cheese"; which then spontaniously combusts because it's too hot (then TB talks about their new burrito with the right amount of kick...blah blah blah).

I want that double hellraiser with cheese, heck, I'll invent it. :hell:

I'll let you know how it turns out.

Lol, I have seen it, I wasn't sure what their point was. No "CHAIN" puts out a burger with tons of heat. DQ tried, and I respect what they did, but please, is that who the Bell was targeting?

Perhaps the idiea is that chipotle peppers add an appealing mild spice and smoky flavor to their burritos while brand x's DOUBLE HELLRAISER burrito is so hot it will start small house fires.

I wanna go to Brand X

Right on Lucky. But what I kinda want to know is WHERE THE HELL IS EVERYONE? I guess I know, I was away a bit when I had no plants in the ground and nothing to sharebut this is ridiculous! There are aussies coming out of the woodwork (I really should migrate for the eternal summer) and Bent seems to be the only mod around!(no offense "himself" you've been here and there)
Sorry to be off topic, but is there an echo in here? This place feels like it is hibernating.

I think that commercial was an attack on Wendy's Double Jalapeño Melt.

You want a nice and spicy burger from a chain, either go to Whataburger and order your favorite burger with grilled Jalapeños or hit up Carl's Jr. for their $6 Jalapeño burger. Carl's Jr. uses fresh peppers...at least the one I go to does.

What's stopping you guys from making your own?
Burger King has a whopper with Cayenne like pepper, but just a little bit.

I've had the Carls' Jr. Jalapeno boiga...okay for fast food...the rest ...junk! But then I am a food snob and more of a burger and pizza snob on top of that! I wouldn't feed our dog Taco Smell but my gal likes it. Burger Schwing? Why do you think they call it dope?
Cheers, TB.

I dont have either around me --- I saw the Wendys burger last night looks good maybe thats where Taco bell was goin after

The problem with fast food burgers is that they use cheap beef and they don't bother to season the meat. When I make a burger I use plenty of salt and pepper, cayenne, garlic powder, etc. right in the raw meat. Just some salt helps a lot, but unfortunately most restaraunts want it bland so Anybody will eat it.

Back