new to chilli growing

Hey bro, i will have to go and ask at the nursery. I have been going out with a torch at night, the fam thinks I am mad, haha. The chillis are fine, I picked the biggest one this morning,( it's going in a stir fry tonight), and the new leaves seem to be nice and green, maybe I freaked it out by putting it in the full sun. Some seeds would be awesome, I have some multi coloured seedlings just starting to pop up, and we also have some bhut jolokias (however you spell it), which are growing well. I can see why people get addicted to growing them. There are so many different varieties.

ok, so i found another of those weird bugs on my chilli plant today, so i caught it and took a photo of it.... i have no idea what the hell it is.... i have never seen anything like it in my life, any ideas?
This bug is really small, I had to put macros on my camera.
It was really aggressive too, trying to attack the camera lense.

DSCF0009.jpg

That is called the australian bastard beetle. . never seen that type before and i have done some searches.. maybe if you post that photo on an insect forum they could identify..?

Yeah, I like your botanical name for it......haha. I think my chilli plant is not too good, most of the leaves have fallen off and something is eating the new buds. I found a yellow and black ladybird on it today. I have some new seedlings coming up so may have to start fresh with a new batch. What chillis are you growing?

It's not one of the bad ladybugs is it? I get some evil vegetarian ones sometimes that actually eat my leaves! They are orange though, not yellow.

I can't help you much with your bugs but I have sent you some packets of chilli seeds with dad they they are various types I have harvested , enjoy

Back