• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

New to pepper growing (garden pic)

Hello fellow pepper lovers!
Just found this site and am excited to see how many people are into growing peppers. Awesome! 2010 was my first year at it and it was a good one for me. As a new homeowner, the first thing I did was build this garden and it quickly became one of my favorite hobbies. Next year I will devote the entire garden to hot peppers. Looking forward to learning a lot from y'all between now and then. Thanks in advance!
Cheers!
IMG_1855.jpg

I love the raised beds!! I have a few beds as well. Nothing quite that fancy tho. I'm afraid I like QUANTITY!!!! lol :crazy: I have 7 beds that are 4' x 20'. They look prehistoric and old compared to that lovely stone and new lumber!!!

Happy Growing!!

Jealous! That's a great raised garden.

Once I get out of apartment living, an open south facing lawn to construct raised beds is high on the list of things to do.

All these beautiful gardens make me so jealous! I have a corner lot, so I have 2 front yards but no backyard in which to set up a nice garden. I've got all my plants against my fence, with 4 feet between the house and the fence!

Basically there is only a 3' wide section of my yard, which would be about 20 feet long, in which I can grow my peppers haha!

Very nice work!

how do those beds drain? do you have graven at the bottom?
i also love how you layed those paver stones.
Yeah, I put hadrware cloth in the bottom to keep pests out and then gravel and some concrete rubble because I had a sidewalk that needed replacing. It seems to drain great so far. Also lined the walls with landscape fabric so no dirt/mud leaks through.

Great looking garden you have there, what pepper varieties did you grow out this year??
Because it was my first year I grew fairly "boring" varieties. Jalapeno,Serrano,Orange Habs(seeds from pods I got at supermarket),Zavory,and Caribbean Reds that were sold as Bhuts(at least I wasn't the only one)lol. Not that I don't like these kinds because I do, but next year I plan on having lots more!

Thanks for the compliments from you all!

Back