• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

New to the pepper hobby

the artist said:
I know they are the same I want to know how to get some.

You know what are the same my friend? The Lemon drop, Aji Lemon, Aji Lemon drop and Hot Lemon or the Bhut/Naga/Bih/Dorset? If you know then teach.:)

EDIT: forgot one, how about the Aji Limon?

Welcome to THP from west Texas!
I'm staying out of these debates. But you'll be happy to know that I have some Rocoto pepper (aka Manzano) seeds. These are the real deal, from Arequipa, Peru. I bought them from a market when I was there. They take a long time to mature. I grew them when I was in Duluth, MN, and I can tell you that although they are tolerant of the cold, do not let them stay out when it gets below freezing...bring them indoors.
I'd be happy to send you some seeds, just PM me your address.

patrick said:
You know what are the same my friend? The Lemon drop, Aji Lemon, Aji Lemon drop and Hot Lemon or the Bhut/Naga/Bih/Dorset? If you know then teach.:)

EDIT: forgot one, how about the Aji Limon?

No, Aji Limon (Chinense) is definitely different from the "Lemon" Baacctum complex...although is does have lemony overtones (imho).:lol:

They are all the same because they are all peppers.

Aussie: "They are not peppers they are chillies."

South American: "No they are chiles."

imaguitargod: "No thay re chillys."

Ah damn!

thehotpepper.com said:

Ah damn!

That's about it!:lol:

I am not debating about the similarities of the lemon strains, I just want to know how well they have done for people and how to get some seeds from the best type to grow the peppers myself. I want the one that has the best lemon flavor, not the hottest of them.

the artist said:
I am not debating about the similarities of the lemon strains, I just want to know how well they have done for people and how to get some seeds from the best type to grow the peppers myself. I want the one that has the best lemon flavor, not the hottest of them.

:welcome: from the hot and humid SE.

Grow them all and you decide what you like best. Everyone has their own set of taste buds. :)

the artist said:

Oh my bad, I thought you were looking for bhut jolokia seeds.

My Lemon Drop is doing quite well, along with the Aji limons. Both plants are ahead of the rest of the gang in growth, flowers, and buds. I say grow them both. I should have seeds at the end of the season if you want to contact me then be happy to send you some.

thehotpepper.com said:

Ah damn!

HA!

Back