New user from SC, the weenie state

Morning-
Glad I stumbled on this site. I'm from SC and nobody here seems to like hot foods or hot sauces. I'm slowly turning my friends on to the joy of the pain.
Hope to find ideas and recipes here.
Happy to be aboard.
Kurt

*waves hand frantically* Hello? Hello? There *are* people in South Carolina who like hot foods! Like...me!

And besides, everyone knows South Carolina is the Great Mildew State, not the weenie state.

Are you sure you're from here? Am I gonna haft to call SLED on you for impersonating a Sandlapper?

Oh, and welcome!

Welcome from Fort Worth...we have some fine members from SC as Ms. Pam has already said...PepperRidgeFarm is from Charleston (Mt. Pleasant)..

Hee Hee, I knew that first post would infuriate Pam (note the "edit").

Welcome! Weenies are everywhere. As are red necks, know it alls, braggarts, bible beaters and of course, average everyday people....(whatever that is!)

It takes all kinds, but you will find a fairly weenie free environment here.

Welcome from Ohio again.

Pam said:
And besides, everyone knows South Carolina is the Great Mildew State, not the weenie state.

Pam, why is SC the "Great Mildew State"? I have never heard that before...

Hey rabdalas welcome! There are a few of us here in South Carolina, but the truely unique about this place is the diversity from all around this world. Kind of put you in your place when you realize there are people who love it hot everywhere. Like AJ already told ya, I'm here in here in the low country so if your close let me know.:hell:

mudatvs said:
Pam, why is SC the "Great Mildew State"? I have never heard that before...

It's a joke. We have very high humidity, and it seems every mold and fungus that can attack my plants does. Plus most of the lower part of SC up through the midlands is loaded with swamps and bogs and wetlands.

Welcome from PA. I am sure that you will find there are more hot sauce fans in SC than you think. Part of the reason that I love this site is that it lets me know that I may be a maniac when it comes to sauce, but I am not alone.

Welcome and hello from Germany! Enjoy your stay!

smilie_ugly_343.gif

Back