• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Newbie, bought seedlings (4 varieties, 9 total) that arrived the other day, in a little over my head

dokool said:

There's always the one asshole  :rolleyes:

Very appreciated, thank you. I've just started PT so I'm not in a position to go to a home center and carry back stuff so if you can shoot me some Amazon links it'd be perfect, especially if there's any big pots that you recommend because my searches for 鉢プラ were mixed at best. Also need a good soil, preferably in economically-priced bags... good thing shipping's cheap, eh?
Seriously? i get my stuff at the home centre 15 mins away on the train and carry it home (15 mins walk after my station too).

Today i bought 5x 2 gallon pots (450 yen a piece), 20L of Perlite (650 yen)and 20L of Bark compost (350 yen). Heavy, yes. but...

georgej said:
Seriously? i get my stuff at the home centre 15 mins away on the train and carry it home (15 mins walk after my station too).

Today i bought 5x 2 gallon pots (450 yen a piece), 20L of Perlite (650 yen)and 20L of Bark compost (350 yen). Heavy, yes. but...
When I'm healthy, sure, but I haven't walked on my right leg in 6 weeks and my calf muscles on that side are the consistency of jello :P

Isn't there a vending machine somewhere that you can buy all your pots and soil from? :-P

Of course I'm kidding.. I was in Tokyo for the first time a couple weeks back. I can't wait to get back (not that I have any plans as of yet).

That's GREAT pricing for everything.. people warned me about how expensive Japan would be, but most things seemed quite reasonable!

GO GIANTS!

Haha :)

Yeah, stuff is fairly priced apart from beer.
The price on that site is great. It has to be though, in a country where people will refuse tabasco because it's 'hot'

georgej said:
There was me thinking pt meant part time rather than physical therapy! Derp!

Hope it mends up fast. Sure you might be able to get stuff on rakuten or amazon.

This thread I started might help a little with your search.

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/36513-why-a-trip-to-the-garden-centre-takes-me-too-long/?fromsearch=1

Cheers! We should try to add a bit more, like the kanji for basic gardening supplies & also a size guide since a lot of the pots I saw were counted as 号 or 24cm/30cm rather than their capacity.

Day 5 and the plants aren't looking very good; just checked them and the leaves are seriously wilting on at least 5 of them. Soil was very dry so I watered all of them. This may be a learning experience  :confused:

dokool said:
Day 5 and the plants aren't looking very good; just checked them and the leaves are seriously wilting on at least 5 of them. Soil was very dry so I watered all of them. This may be a learning experience  :confused:
they need to be in bigger pots really. wilting means you arent over watering, but the smaller the pot, the more they need watering. Peppers bounce back from wilting so quickly, they should be fine.

Its pretty hot outside today (hotter tomorrow) and not so humid yet, so that wind will strip the moisture out of the plants pretty easily.

How much sun are you giving them? From what i learned so far they have to get used to the sun. When hardening off my plants to the sun they'd all look dead, put them in shade and an hour later they were completely fine. Get them into bigger pots, water less, and manage direct sunlight time.

Back