• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

[newbie] Growing speed

First real post here! I apologise in advance if I'm posting in the wrong thread or using incorrect terms (I'm a hobbyist newbie so please be kind :D)

I planted a few seeds a couple of months ago as a first attempt at growing my own peppers. I started with a few of them in a plastic bag to see if the seeds would germinate and after seeing the first bud I moved the seeds into coir cups with standard soil. Some of the plants were growing faster than others and after 4 weeks I had to move them in larger pots. Here you have some pictures with a label showing the date I started with them. I was just wondering if I could get some comments from you people also about growing speed as you surely have tons of experience more than me.

A few data about the general situation where my plants live: I'm in southern Italy, seaside metropolis. Temperatures in this period of the year are between 23-26 °C with a 65-70% of humidity; I usually have the plants under direct sunlight for 5-6 hours per day during the morning and the afternoon (I have them on a cart which I move under a canopy when the sun is too high and hot). I water them everyday but the quantity of water I hand out is based on how much the soil is wet/dry (I always try to keep it moist but not soaking wet). I was suggested to use diluted blood meal as fertiliser but as I have no experience with it I just used it only once by enriching the soil with a couple of spoons (liquid diluted) before placing the coir cups in the bigger pots. 

Tap on the spoiler button to see the pictures (sorry there's a few of them)
v
IMG_6781.jpg
IMG_6782.jpg
IMG_6783.jpg
IMG_6786.jpg
IMG_6787.jpg
IMG_6789.jpg
IMG_6790.jpg
IMG_6791.jpg
IMG_6792.jpg
IMG_6794.jpg
IMG_6795.jpg

At this stage they are all just starting to find their feet . As soon as they establish their roots and Temps get to 28-30 C , they will really take off.
I don't know the Elephant's trunk pepper , but it might be a Annuum and should outgrow the others , Chinense.

karoo said:
At this stage they are all just starting to find their feet . As soon as they establish their roots and Temps get to 28-30 C , they will really take off.
I don't know the Elephant's trunk pepper , but it might be a Annuum and should outgrow the others , Chinense.

Yes the Elephant Trunk Pepper is an annuum and it is supposed to produce quite big fruits (about 20cm long). Indeed the Elephant Trunk is the one getting bigger at a faster pace; my qualms are about the Habalokia Red (second to last picture) as the first two leaves got curly and with burned tips. Also in general just wanted to check if this state for 4-6 weeks plants is good or not, but probably as you say I have to wait for warmer temperatures to be sure about their conditions.

Back