• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce (newbie here), Need some help with the Dave's line of hot sauces.

I'm getting a bunch of Dave's sauces (of Ultimate Insanity fame) coming in a couple of days.

I just wanted to get some feedback and opinions on how the flavors are and how hot they are, I'd really appreicate any help anyone out there can give me.

The sauces I'm getting are the Roasted Pepper & Chipotle Sauce, Roasted Garlic Hot Sauce, Scotch Bonnet Sauce, Insanity Sauce, Cool Cayenne Sauce and Hurtin Jalapeno Sauce along with the Hurtin Habanero Sauce and the Garlic Chile Sauce.

I just got a bunch of the Blair sauces, and haven't had a chance to try them out yet, but am looking forward to it.

Welcome! Let me guess... you found this site after you ordered, which is why you are seeking feedback on these sauces after you ordered them ;)

Welcome from Fort Worth....you will find some of the members here put out a much better product than Dave does...MHO

Welcome from Ohio. Now that you have found this site, once you get your sauces you'll have to let us know how you like them ;)

thehotpepper.com said:
Welcome! Let me guess... you found this site after you ordered, which is why you are seeking feedback on these sauces after you ordered them ;)

LOL, that would be a good guess, but nope. I found the site before, and just kind of lurked, then ordered, then started thinking it over, then registered.

In other words, I did everything out of order.

I'm also guessing the Dave's line of sauces aren't to big with the posters here.

Some of his sauces ar eok but alot leave alot to be desired in the taste department. I like the Kickin Cayenne sauce, its like Tabasco sauce but MUCH better but no heat. The Insanity Sauce doesnt really taste all that great and the heat is decent. Hurtin Jalapeno Sauce isnt hot at all and I never found anything it was good on. Havent tried the rest.

sonny mooks said:
I'm also guessing the Dave's line of sauces aren't to big with the posters here.
Not that big, we've found loads of better stuff, Defcon, Kato, Bent Alphanerd, EZ Earl, etc etc.... I have had one or two decent sauces from Dave's though....I think one of them was his Mango sauce....I do so love mango....and puppie...I love puppies........oh ya, I like pie, too!

sonny mooks said:
I found the site before, and just kind of lurked,
: point :

"LURKER!!!!!!!! GET 'EM!"

I also got a big line of the Blair hot sauces, I'm not to keen on Dave's insanity or ultimate insanity sauces but was wondering about his garlic sauces and the other ones. I like heat and flavor, so I'm trying to figure out how good or bad these are going to be when I get'em.

Everyone has different opinions, you are doing the best thing you can... ordering sauces to try them out. When you try them, post your reviews!

WELCOME

eat eat eat and enjoy then buy more.
I can say your order is good but also try some Droolin devil sauces, defcon makes a good wing sauce and cajohn has a few that are great.
fat kid sauces are killer and the list goes on.
I have eaten many a bottle and it all started with a bottle of ultimate insanity !!!! so have fun and post what you think of your sauces.

QuadShotz said:
Add CaJohn's to that list..his "10" line is amazing. Also the "Z..Nothing Beyond" :)

Go Naga!

BTW, we get a discount at hotsauce.com if ya use the link from here.

http://www.thehotpepper.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90

Now I wished I had signed up before going on a buying spree for the Blair hot sauces.

I just got the original Death sauce,the Muerte, the After Death, the Jalapeno Death, the Sweet Death and the Sudden Death along with the Pure Death Naga, the Mega death and the Jersey Death sauces.

Since I didn't think this through, I also got Blair's 4 heat sauces, Chipotle Slam, Wasabi Green tea, Habanero Mango, and the Jalapeno Tequila.

Haven't had the chance to give them a shot yet, any idea what order they go in, from mildest to hottest? or the flavors?

I figure on just buying and trying, I like hot sauces, and I love the flavors and the heat, and see what happens from there.;)

sonny mooks said:
Now I wished I had signed up before going on a buying spree for the Blair hot sauces.

I just got the original Death sauce,the Muerte, the After Death, the Jalapeno Death, the Sweet Death and the Sudden Death along with the Pure Death Naga, the Mega death and the Jersey Death sauces.

Since I didn't think this through, I also got Blair's 4 heat sauces, Chipotle Slam, Wasabi Green tea, Habanero Mango, and the Jalapeno Tequila.

Haven't had the chance to give them a shot yet, any idea what order they go in, from mildest to hottest? or the flavors?

I figure on just buying and trying, I like hot sauces, and I love the flavors and the heat, and see what happens from there.;)
It might look something like this IMO
Sweet Death,Jalapeno Death/Original Death,Muerte/Pure Death,After Death,Sudden Death,Mega Death,Jersey Death.

The Extract starts w/After Death

Cool Cayenne and Hurtin' Hab are my faves. Insanity's pretty good, but I found a really nice sauce today that's probably gonna replace it called 'Endorphin Rush' It gave me this really nice sweat all over my head, even my hair was drenched, and I'm not even a big sweater. It also gave me a decent sauce buzz (endorphins lol) and tasted great too. Sorry to stray from topic, most of Dave's stuff tastes great.

QuadShotz said:
Add CaJohn's to that list..his "10" line is amazing. Also the "Z..Nothing Beyond" :)

Go Naga!

BTW, we get a discount at hotsauce.com if ya use the link from here.

http://www.thehotpepper.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90

I'm a HUGE fan of a few of Cajohn's sauces. Especially his ultra hots containing Jolokia instead of extract. Yes, CaJohn 10 rocks as well. Honestly, it's up at the top of my list so far. The lethal ingestion rocks smothered all over some taco's too!!:hell:

Back