• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Newbie mistake!!

today during work I thought I would go get some really hot sauce...I like sauces, have some dave's Insanity but nothing more. So I went to the local specialty foods store on my lunch break and picked up some 2003 Dave's Private reserve. so I got some on my fingers and thought "well, I better wash my hands...." and I did with soap and water. Just as I thought it was safe...having just washed my hands, I touched my face and right eyelid....BIG MISTAKE!!!!!! :mouthonfire:

lets just say I was washing my face and eye for about 15 min. :rolleyes:
and that was the moment I learned the hard way I was dealing with a whole different animal.

least I'm not as dumb as a friend of a co-worker who deliberately put some sauce (not the one I had) directly in their eye ;)

oh ps....Hi I'm Gimpy117....I'm new here
I'm under this same name on a few fourms...

welcome, & not smart touching extract sauce w/finger then your eye!!
let alone cap. from normal hot chiles stay on your finger even after several washings!

Still not as bad as STC......sexually transmitted capsaicin. Eyes are bad, but there are a few threads on here discussing the negative effects of capsaicin on the reproductive organs... :lol:

welcome to THP

Txclosetgrower said:
Still not as bad as STC......sexually transmitted capsaicin. Eyes are bad, but there are a few threads on here discussing the negative effects of capsaicin on the reproductive organs... :lol:

Gives a whole new meaning to afterglow.

Welcome Gimpy!

Most of us here have experienced the finger in the pepper put it someplace else burn but I dare say none of us have done it on purpose.

Welcome to THP.

patrick said:
Most of us here have experienced the finger in the pepper put it someplace else burn but I dare say none of us have done it on purpose.

Welcome to THP.
Sadly, you are wrong. :(

Welcome from Fort Worth

Sorry so late, but welcome. Yeah I think most of us here have some sort of experience like that. I wear contacts...

Gimpy117 said:
today during work I thought I would go get some really hot sauce...I like sauces, have some dave's Insanity but nothing more. So I went to the local specialty foods store on my lunch break and picked up some 2003 Dave's Private reserve. so I got some on my fingers and thought "well, I better wash my hands...." and I did with soap and water. Just as I thought it was safe...having just washed my hands, I touched my face and right eyelid....BIG MISTAKE!!!!!! :mouthonfire:

lets just say I was washing my face and eye for about 15 min. :rolleyes:
and that was the moment I learned the hard way I was dealing with a whole different animal.

least I'm not as dumb as a friend of a co-worker who deliberately put some sauce (not the one I had) directly in their eye ;)

oh ps....Hi I'm Gimpy117....I'm new here
I'm under this same name on a few fourms...
I was in your shoes about 3 years ago while at resturant, I've touched most of the hot sauces they had out on the table they had about 7 hot sauces I've never heard of and I had an itch on my left eye, So needless to say I got some in the same place as you and my eye swelled shut for athe remainder of the day although the doctor said nothing he could do but wash my eye out with water and eye solution.

I tell you what after that I had a germpahobe attack every time I saw any kind of bottle and I wash my hands every half hour and after I touch anything I'm not too sure about. And I didn't bother with hot sauces until last Christmas when I wanted some in my Mashed Potatoes for a bit of flavor.

Wait, you guys love the pain, but only only in the mouth, not in the eye? You are not true chiliheads :P

Back