• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Newril's swedish indoor grow (update: The world outside)

I've been thinking about starting a glog for sometime, but for some reason I haven't started yet.. Atleast until now:)

This is my second season, but i'm going to start with a recap of my first season. It started in late march 2014 in a little 24slot grow box and 4 months later I had built a 185cm wide, 185cm high, 79cm depth grow box and 450w och MH and 300w of T8s.

Season 2014 (my first)

bhut jolokia
carolina reaper
Thai sun chili

After i bought my first lights 150w mh 150 w t8. Didn't have any spare space in my little apartment so they got the dining area (since we have another table)

h3TfKMi.jpg

First version of my indoor ikea growbox

vK3d0sS.jpg

I didn't even get one single bhut jolokia or reaper :( But i did get plenty of thai chili. Anyways that the short version of 2014

I've started some seeds in early january (the ones on the square pots at the upperfloor) I started the ones in the bottom in the middle of february

U5kqKZk.jpg

zWZQSAs.jpg

Y5uC7BF.jpg

I've also got 6month old purple jalapeno with some almost ripe pods.

Lwh2T8k.jpg

I'm also struggling with a aphid infestation, but won't bother you guys with that (atleast not in this thread). You guys can check it out at http://thehotpepper.com/topic/53887-aphids/if you like.

Almost forgot my 2015 grow list

Carolina reaper
Ghostpepper
Thai sun
Bulgarian Carrot
Cherry Bomb
Kim Chi
Jalapeno Mucho Nacho
Bishop's Crown
Numex Big Jim
Royal Black
Jalapeno Chichimeca
Jalapeno purple
Cayenne Sweet
Golden nugget
Jalapeno Biker Bill
Black Pearl

thank you for your time :dance:

/newril

Hi everyone, its been quite some time since last update!

Managed to get rid of all the aphids in my growbox, but some plants outside of it still had aphids. Forgot that aphids can grow wings and fly away to other plants. I bought more lacewings and they have eaten most of the aphids.

My plants have outgrown the growbox, so they block all the light and the other row of plants don't get any light. I haven't been able to move them to my balcony either since I live in sweden.

During the summer i transform my little balcony to a perfekt little "tiki room" so that i can eat lots of great food and rum drinks :) 
So I had to combine my tiki room with a outdoor grow area. Its not perfect for growing, but it won't get any better since I haven't got enough space.

IL9cR9i.jpg

SpmCZfX.jpg

QELq5rb.jpg

The plants aren't as healthy as they could have been. Hopefully we'll get a nice summer so that they can get enough light even though they are semi shaded.

Hi everyone!

Its been a chilly, windy and cloudy summer here in sweden. Everything grows so slowly :(

The only good thing is that my reaper is starting to produce pods, didn't get even one pod last year. 

VQLGoA5.jpg

Big Jim
ZqRfUkq.jpg

Reaper 
Kacvy9o.jpg

tiny reaper pods

XXPcIhf.jpg

3FRBqJt.jpg

tiger lily tomates
slXLk5c.jpg

kimchi
AwKLuZ7.jpg

Looking good despite the really bad weather we've had in Sweden so far :)
August is looking a lot better so hopefully our plants will thrive and give us plenty of peppers late in the summer.

Back