• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Newtune eats a few Supers

Thanks to romy6 for spreadin' the heat an sending it my way. He gave me one each of the pods from his "box of fire".
http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/24486-a-box-of-pure-fire/

So I decided to try a few. First up was the Douglah which was a suggestion from Wayright. I cut it into 3 pieces and removed the seeds. Then I took a good sized bite from one of the pieces. The flavor was great but I wasn't getting the heat that I was expecting so I threw the rest of the pieces in my mouth and chewed 'em up. That got my attention. I called Jamie to give him a report. He said if I thought that was hot, wait 'till I try the Brainstrain. But he really wanted me to video eating the BS. So, Mrs. Newtune and I figured out how to get my phone to record video and here are the results. I did a follow up video after 10 minutes but it had no sound. Basically, I talk about how the heat is subsiding, but still have a nice back-of-throat burn going.

Sorry for the poor quality. This is my first video.
Thanks Jamie and Kevin for hookin' a brother up. Chiliheads make great friends. :beer:

Well Al I didn't think you would do it but man you took it like a champ! What happened though? You never came back! Did that Brain hit you like a Train. My wife described it(the Brain) best last night. She said it was like drinking a shot of anti-freeze. :crazy:

You got big ones dude good luck with the burn. I did it once never again.

Well, not so big this morning. Taking care of business had me whining like a bitch.

NICE!,... LOVE the hat! :cheers: Good job on eating the BS I wouldn't even attempt that.

Thanks for the support. That's my favorite hat. I picked it up in Costa Maya. It has gotten me through some tough spots just like it did last night.

Well Al I didn't think you would do it but man you took it like a champ! What happened though? You never came back! Did that Brain hit you like a Train. My wife described it(the Brain) best last night. She said it was like drinking a shot of anti-freeze. :crazy:

Jamie, something happened when we shot the follow-up video. We didn't get any sound. The major mouth burn had faded after 10 minutes but the back of throat burn lingered for probably more than 20-25 minutes.

Well I tried the Assam Bhut last night. As with the others, I cut it open to retrieve the seeds. The aroma on this one is wonderful. This thing was literally dripping with oil as can be seen in the pics.

I was a bit apprehensive about this one. Seeing all of that oil was very intimidating. As with the others, I put on my "Ya'll watch this" hat and pitched it in my mouth. The flavor is amazing. Maybe my new favorite. The skin is very thin and chews easily. I just kept thinking, now this is what a pepper is supposed to taste like. Jamie said with his, the heat was immediate. However, mine was a bit more of a creeper, which, was great because it let me enjoy the flavor before everything went incendiary. The burn was everywhere, but, most severe in the back of my throat. This was not a firey back of throat burn like the others but more of a "Thousand needles" type of pain. I've never experienced anything quite like it before. It literally left me speechless. I couldn't talk. The burn subsided after about 20 minutes and the beer I put in the freezer before I started was just gettin' icy.

Thanks again to romy6 and wayright for the experience.

Man!!! You Southern boys is CRA-ZEE!!! :cool:

Way to put Kevin's exceptional peppers to good use though! :dance: :woohoo: :dance:

dvg

Back