• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Newtune VS. the 7 Pot Primo from Superhot.

Jack (Superhot) sent 2 of his 7 Pot Primos to romy6 and I think Jamie gave me the larger and hotter of the 2. The pod was absolutely knarley looking. I sliced it open so I could see exact what I was dealing with. The odor hit me as I was cutting it open and my mouth started watering like George W trying to pronounce some of the larger words of a Stimulus Plan. This pod had more oils inside than any pepper I've ever seen. The pics don't do it justice.

So, as I always do, I tossed the whole thing in my mouth and commenced to chewing. It had a thin skin and chewed easily. For the split second I could taste it, I thought the flavor was pretty good. The heat was immediate; no building what-so-ever. More of a searing pain than the other Chinense varieties I've tried. The back of my throat and tongue were under attack. I started sweating, which is normal for me, but then my cheeks and ears started throbbing. This has never happened to me before. This was ONE HOT MOFO.

The burning of my mouth and throat subsided after about 20 minutes but the hot grumbles in my stomach lasted for hours and actually kept me from getting to sleep.

Jack said this was a "Barn Burner" and lemme tell ya, it burned down the outhouse too.

I'd like to thank Jack for sending the peppers and Jamie for sharing. :beer:

I am glad you enjoyed the ride!! As a grower I like to think it's my job to rock your world as a reviewer/taster. I found this one to be really hot for me too. If it's not hot why even bother? I will be growing a lot of new species next season and will be knocking on your door once again to test drive. This provides an opportunity for others who may be curious to see the effects of a real superhot in action. It's been fun working with you and Jamie and will be looking forward to doing it again!!

Thanks and take care, Jack

MAN, you crazy! but thanks for the review! i love reading these since my cahonies are not big enough to tackle a whole pod at once! Kevins yellow Bhut by accident was hot enough for me! LOL and today at lunch i ate a yellow 7 pot, could not finish it s i think the bhut wrecked my stomach so the oils from the 7 pot agitated it. was sick to my stomach all afternoon!

I tip my hat to you sir, and Jack for growing such a beast!

Eric

Great review Al. I was cracking up last night reading it. I knew those pods were hot so of course I gave you the bigger nastier looking one :) . Strange how it effected you. You must be getting soft in your old age :lol:

And thanks again Jack for allowing us to sample your SuperHots :cool:

I am glad you enjoyed the ride!! As a grower I like to think it's my job to rock your world as a reviewer/taster. I found this one to be really hot for me too. If it's not hot why even bother? I will be growing a lot of new species next season and will be knocking on your door once again to test drive. This provides an opportunity for others who may be curious to see the effects of a real superhot in action. It's been fun working with you and Jamie and will be looking forward to doing it again!!

Thanks and take care, Jack

Thanks again Jack. What a ride it was. I need to remember to eat Supers earlier in the day.

MAN, you crazy! but thanks for the review! i love reading these since my cahonies are not big enough to tackle a whole pod at once! Kevins yellow Bhut by accident was hot enough for me! LOL and today at lunch i ate a yellow 7 pot, could not finish it s i think the bhut wrecked my stomach so the oils from the 7 pot agitated it. was sick to my stomach all afternoon!

I tip my hat to you sir, and Jack for growing such a beast!

Eric

Thanks Eric. I think the Supers will always be hot to me. I don't find myself really building any tolerance to speak of.

Great review Al. I was cracking up last night reading it. I knew those pods were hot so of course I gave you the bigger nastier looking one :) . Strange how it effected you. You must be getting soft in your old age :lol:

And thanks again Jack for allowing us to sample your SuperHots :cool:

Thanks, bro. I'm not sure why I had the whole throbbing thing going on. That's a new one for me. It wasn't anything uncomfortable just a kind of wa-wa feeling. I've heard huffing Nitrous Oxide can have a similar affect. Although, I wouldn't know anything about that. :lol:

Back