• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

NFL Sunday Opener.

Hot Canuck said:
Only the Bills can blow a game on national TV the way they did last night.

Please poke me with a sharp stick and don't stop till I've stopped screaming...:P:banghead::banghead:

Yeah...Geezuz... My wife is a Cowboys fan and was watching it with complete disbelief. That's gotta be up there with one of the greatest comebacks. Not the Cowboys played great, not that the Bills played bad. It had to be one of the weirdest games I've ever witnessed.

DevilDuck said:
Yeah...Geezuz... My wife is a Cowboys fan and was watching it with complete disbelief. That's gotta be up there with one of the greatest comebacks. Not the Cowboys played great, not that the Bills played bad. It had to be one of the weirdest games I've ever witnessed.

DD,, you have no idea the number of stupid ways this team has found to lose games over the years...

AAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!:mouthonfire::mouthonfire:

Sickmont said:
Indy's gonna stomp all of y'all's teams. So deal with it now before it hurts real bad:hell:.

Whoa...double apostrophe...cool!!! :cool:

I'm looking forward to Texans~vs~Indy come Dec 23!

Good luck in your battle against the bye week this Sunday! ;)

We've got Jacksonville this Sunday...I hope we can be healthy enough to beat them at home.

Good luck to you guys when you get 'em next Sunday! :)

Oh yee of little faith! To thine I say and quote the scripture's..."if it ain't Cowboys....it ain't football!" Watch as the 'boys make wipers of other peoples bottoms of the Pats this weekend!

I do have a soft spot also for the Oilers but only because of Earl Campbell....back in the day...

Sickmont said:
Indy's gonna stomp all of y'all's teams. So deal with it now before it hurts real bad.

please.. i'm a skins fan. i'm pretty thick skinned in regards to getting stomped. :lol: in other news...we aren't playing the colts in our normal season. we did lose to your giants though. our only loss so far..3-1! one win was against the lions, another against the dolphins.. :)

Hot Canuck said:
DD,, you have no idea the number of stupid ways this team has found to lose games over the years...

AAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!:cool:

haha i can believe it. during SB 25, my dad was overseas during desert shield/storm and the super bowl was originally going to choose a few kids from each state with parents overseas, but wound up cutting on time and rounding up a bunch from the southeast or just florida. anyway, they sent us a letter about me being in the half time show. i was somewhere between 3-5th grade at the time and initially said "ehh, no thanks" to my mom when she showed it to me first. luckily i snapped out of it and realized this was a once in a lifetime thing. so i went and practiced with them.

during the halftime show, about 50 of us walked out there onto some small stage and stood there while george and barbara addressed the crowd via the big ass tv. then after they spoke, the played a song about america and we all were waving these little flags. i was on tv twice during it..once for a second long close up as they were panning, and another just as we were all walking out there. i wore a neon orange shirt so my parents could pick me out easier haha.

funny thing is, later (after we all were off the field) the performing artist(s) were the new kids on the block. ;)

we didn't get to stay and watch the game, and we didn't get there early to watch any either..we rode in on buses to arrive a bit early.

anyway..what it has to do with the bills is that they would've won against the giants, but their kicker missed a field goal at the end of the game. ouch!

xgrafcorex said:
please.. anyway..what it has to do with the bills is that they would've won against the giants, but their kicker missed a field goal at the end of the game. ouch!

I'm okay with that one. I was a huge Rams fan till they moved, and also loved the Montana lead Niners. I didn't start cheering for the Bills till I started going to their games 11 years ago.

That said, and I hate to say this, with all that has come out about gambling's influence on pro sports, every time I see a team lose in a completely stupid manner, I now wonder if something is up...

For example, remember the NFC championship between the Vikings and Falcons a few years ago? Every time Minnesota looked like they had the game in the bag, they would do the stupidest of plays, at both the end of the first half, and the end of the game.

There didn't seem to be any explanation for it at the time...much like there wasn't any for why Marion Jones looked like the Incredible Hulk...We can ignore the truth, but I think we all know pro sports are not the purest of pastimes they used to be...

IMHO...:cool:

i honestly don't follow it enough to remember. i only remember of the details of that other game because i was there for part of it. :cool:

i love football...even played on year in high school..but i just don't follow it very closely. same with any sport really. i LOVE auto racing..even that i don't follow closely. i just try to attend any local races when i can..particularly the 12 hours of sebring. something i'm going to try like hell to make it back to once i leave florida..or else i will cry. haha ;)

Anyone catch, if not the whole game, at least the last quarter of the Vikings Bears game? Absolutely amazing - play like that is why I love the NFL.

xgrafcorex said:
please.. i'm a skins fan. i'm pretty thick skinned in regards to getting stomped. ;) in other news...we aren't playing the colts in our normal season. we did lose to your giants though. our only loss so far..3-1! one win was against the lions, another against the dolphins.. :lol:

Trust me, i've been a Giants fan since day one, and i know what thick-skinned is all about. I started rooting for Indy just so i'd have a decent team to root for :lol:

well you guys beat us last month. we meet again in december...hopefully we'll have our game together. just lost to green bay yesterday..down to 3-2 now.

Well after last weeks loss to the best team in the NFL, the Cowboys are rollin' rollin' rollin' again. Next week...Romo vs. Bin Laden and the Al Qaeda Cavebeards. How'd ya'll make out this week? Hope no Fins fans read this....ouch!! Cheers, TB.

Kinda reminds me when the Cowboys were doing really badly a few years back.

I was listening to the radio and the DJ said, "We just got a call from Jerry Jones. He wants the woman who dropped off her 2 kids with 9 friends to come pick them up from Texas Stadium......... They're beating the Cowboys 21-3."

DD...blaspheme you..you..you..non believer. Fact is, Cowboys could be on drugs, probation, and whatever else, and still find a way to win. BTW...them boys are rollin' pretty good right now. How many teams have players that go by only one name....Emmitt, Troy, Moose, Roger...could even make a case for T.O. and Tony. Even so, when the 'boys go down in flames, I am still a Cowboys fan for life. 'Sides...I like the chaos and controversy. Now college football....hookem' horns' all the way babeee...
Cheers, TB.

texas blues said:
Daaang..HC...stick the knife in..ouch!! You had to bring up "the catch". Cheers, TB.

Hey - what goes around comes around. Before they moved, my team was the Rams. Huge fan...Thought they had Superbowl XIV in the bag till that friggin' pass from Bradshaw to Stallworth...At least the Boys have some actual championships - that was the closest my team ever got.

Till I became a Niners fan...:D

Back