• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Nice buckets

Took a members suggestion and called around to local deli's and stores and asked for buckets. Got me some nice 4 and 5 gallon ones for when my plants are ready for final resting spots. Only went to a few stores within a few miles of the house. Only cost me about and hour of time and some dawn dish soap to clean the icing out! FREE baby...

Duh...WINNING!!!

Buckets.jpg

Yeah been getting them at the local Publix grocery store. Both the the deli and bakery dept just throw them out, so getting them keeps them out of the landfill.

WOOT! I called the local Wal-mart and there deli maganger was super nice and is going to give my there 5 gallon buckets free they had 5 today and she said i could pick up at least 5 more next Wedensday now i jsut need this Iowa weather to start cooperating. What i thought was funny is that walmarts are free and the local supermarket wants 2 bucks a piece you would think it would be the other way around haha anywho WOOT FREE BUCKETS! :dance: :dance:

WOOT! I called the local Wal-mart and there deli maganger was super nice and is going to give my there 5 gallon buckets free they had 5 today and she said i could pick up at least 5 more next Wedensday now i jsut need this Iowa weather to start cooperating. What i thought was funny is that walmarts are free and the local supermarket wants 2 bucks a piece you would think it would be the other way around haha anywho WOOT FREE BUCKETS! :dance: :dance:
The Walmart is why the local charges $2 a piece I would assume. The little guys have to pull a dollar from anywhere the customer will let them in order to stay open and compete with the giant box stores.

The Walmart is why the local charges $2 a piece I would assume. The little guys have to pull a dollar from anywhere the customer will let them in order to stay open and compete with the giant box stores.
yea i spose so...my thinking was that the small town store would want to help out before a big box store would...either way WOOT! FREE BUCKETS :rofl: :rofl:

I work in hospitlity so i have access to lots of pots all different sizes so i never have to buy any.

Edit: The pots are empty ones from the kitchen, thought i would clarify :)

We have two Walmarts in town, one of them tried to charge me for the buckets, but then I mentioned the other store gave me them for free and they just sort of grumbled and handed them over.

I ended up getting about 15 buckets in one day between the two. :woohoo:

Back