• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Nice Chocolate (Cherry Shaded) Habs - Local Produce Mkt

I was strolling through a high-end specialty produce market around my area and got these yesterday. Really pretty. They are Chocolate C. chinense pods that seem to have hints of red in them. Nice size too. $3.99 / lb. Not a bad deal. Wonder where they imported them from?

Chris

P1100015.jpg

Also picked these up. THey were $10 PER POUND. lol. Supposedly some rare one from Holland. I just had to get a couple to extract seeds from. You know me. :)

Chris

P1100018.jpg

Funny, they probally export those because I never saw them before over here :lol: All we got is the standard Spanish pepper and Aji Umba wich they sell as Madame Jeanette. They do look like the Spanish pepper, only a different color. What can you say about the flavour and heat?

Btw that Habanero, looks a bit like a Habanero Purple?

You also get that orange ones here in Germany exported from the Netherlands, price 15 € per Kilo( 10 on sale), but in the last years they got pretty rare and now you mostly find red ones. I have grown them some years ago and they are very good producers, heat and taste comparable to a yellow cayenne, so how are yours Chris?
Also nice Habs, some of them seem to have a nice wrinkling, especially the second of the lower row.

BR

Jan

Very cool.. Only thing you see here in stores are Orange Habs, 6.99/lb lol... Trips me out when I see that.

-J

Back