• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

nice~ glog - Côte d'Azur growing 2019

Always late to the party, at least as far as this grow log is concerned... Here's what's growing at this end for the 2019 northern hemisphere summer:
  • 7 Pot Primo
  • Aji Fantasy
  • Aji Lemon
  • Bahamian Goat Pepper
  • Espelette
  • Fatalii
  • Red Cap Mushroom
  • Red Habanero
  • Tabasco Short Yellow

The 7 Pot Primo, Ajis, Espelette, Fatalii and Red Cap Mushroom are new for this year. Meanwhile the Red Habanero and Tabasco Short Yellow are layovers from last year, after having been over-wintered, cut back and re-potted.

The Bahamian Goat is the senior of the group, being from a 2016 grow and still going strong!

Photos to follow...

Hi Nancy - good to hear that your plants are going well too! And good call on the piperade - that is something I'll have to make up sometime soon.

For the Espelettes, I wasn't going to the trouble of hanging them. The plan is to put most of the produce (including the other varieties) into hot sauces / different ferments, maybe some chutney, etc. Definitely also dishes like piperade. Likely a portion of the hotter ones will need to be frozen, but all good.

So unfortunately I don't know about drying Espelettes.

A couple of photos for today... The first being the peppers that were ready for harvest - left to right they are: the unknown pepper (http://thehotpepper.com/topic/71931-doesnt-much-look-like-a-mushroom-red-chili/), red habaneros and last espelettes. I've named the unknown one "Nice Mystery"  :P.
I'm thinking to make a fermented hot sauce with the batch - should be an interesting mélange.

glog-harvest-01.jpg

Meanwhile regarding the other plants, there is one 7-Pot Primo just started(!). Very cool looking with the tail. It's the only super hot I have this year - generally speaking they're beyond my pay grade, but am keen for the possibilities.

glog-7pot-03.jpg

Even despite the warm weather at this end, the plants have continued doing their thing.

(Unfortunately it's hot enough during the day and then into the night that flowers are being dropped, but c'est la vie.)

glog-harvest-02.jpg

Left to right these are:
  • Red habaneros (2x)
  • Nice mysteries
  • Aji lemons
  • Espelettes
  • Red habaneros

I was picking some of the ripe red habanero pods this afternoon and thought this was interesting. A different shaped pod for each of the three plants I have, each being representative for the plant. All from the same batch of seeds I harvested a couple of years back.

glog-redhabs-01.jpg

Hey there, you have a really good-looking grow going on! :)

nice.chili said:
I'm thinking to make a fermented hot sauce with the batch - should be an interesting mélange.

glog-harvest-01.jpg

Did you end up starting a ferment with these? Looks like a combo that would make a gorgeous sauce.

I might be envious that you live in probably the best climate any civilised country has to offer!

Here's the harvest for this week:

glog-harvest-03.jpg

On the left there are red habaneros, in the centre (down the image) there are the pods from the plants I over watered - http://thehotpepper.com/topic/72100-seeking-advice-plants-look-very-dehydrated-but-thats-not-it/?p=1646118 (red habs, nice mystery and more, but unripe red habs), then bahamian goat peppers, aji lemons and tabasco short yellows.

The bahamian goat pepper plant and aji lemon plant are now loaded with pods - I guess they're just late to the party.  :rolleyes:

nice.chili said:
Here's the harvest for this week:

glog-harvest-03.jpg

On the left there are red habaneros, in the centre (down the image) there are the pods from the plants I over watered - http://thehotpepper.com/topic/72100-seeking-advice-plants-look-very-dehydrated-but-thats-not-it/?p=1646118 (red habs, nice mystery and more, but unripe red habs), then bahamian goat peppers, aji lemons and tabasco short yellows.

The bahamian goat pepper plant and aji lemon plant are now loaded with pods - I guess they're just late to the party.  :rolleyes:

Looking good!

The plants continue bearing fruit apace, so lots of good harvesting over the weekend. Here are some photos of a couple of the interesting ones...

On the left is the first 7 Pot Primo. Not so big, but it is the first one and there are plenty more coming through.
On the right are the first couple of Aji Fantasys. Plus a rather large Red Hab on the left, with a just-under-average sized pod from the same plant on the right.

glog-7potprimo-01.jpg

glog-harvest-04.jpg

Another pod shot, just from today...
  • Yellow fatalii
  • Aji fantasy
  • Bahamian goat pepper
  • Aji lemon
  • 3x Red habanero (3x different plants)
  • 7 pot primo

glog-harvest-05.jpg

Was away for work purposes last week, so on the weekend had a fairly decent load of pods to pick.  :)
Clockwise (starting top left): bahamian goat peppers, aji fantasys, nice mysterys, red habaneros, fataliis and aji lemons.

glog-harvest-06.jpg

Back