• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Nightcrawlers 2016

Well I've started germing my seeds for this year, definitely ramping it up from last year's boring orange hab, Serrano, red jalapeno, baby bells.

It's still quite a ways off from going into the ground up here in Maine, but I've got them going on a heat mat, and when they pop I'll put them under some led grow lights that I use for all my early veg.

Hold over plants from last year:

5x orange hab (still producing pods)
2x Serrano
3x jalapeno
Pic of the habs, the rest are kinda boring right now, shells of their former selves.
1027151310a_HDR_Hagrid-1_zpsa2zc3tfn.jpg

Started germ on Feb-08

From baker creek heirlooms

Bhut jolokia x5

Trinidad Scorpion x5

started germ on Feb-11

From butch t

CPR x5
Brazilian moruga x5
Carolina reaper x10
Chocolate moruga brain x4
0211161249_zpsua67dd9w.jpg

started germ on Feb-13
From pepperlover/judy

Jonah's yellow brain (PL) x6
White-Peach (PL) x8
Peach 7 Pod (PL) x5
Ají Calabaza (PL) x10
Trinidad Scorpion Moruga (Yellow) x9(damaged seeds)

Peach Bhut Jolokia x5
Trinidad 7 Pod white x5
Hot beads x5
Cumra cherry x5
0212161055a_Hagrid_zpsbd17hl0i.jpg

started germ feb 19
From mpicante (thank you again!)

MOA scotch bonnet x5
MOA scotch bonnet red x5

I'm germing on damp coffee filters inside of Ziploc bags, on a heat mat.

I'll be updating this as things progress, I'll be selectively keeping plants, also will be gifting a few to family to care for as the season progresses.

I'm in zone 5a.

Any input on the peppers as I go would be appreciated.

Not much new right now, waiting on more hooks. But I am concerned for this little guy. I think he was flying too close to the sun? Or is it something else?

0304160917b_HDR-1_zpsbtp3klpv.jpg

A hot bead seedling said hello today! Making slow progress.

0305161637_HDR-1_zpszixixc6e.jpg

Still not sure what's going on with this SB seedling, everything I know says it's Sun burnt, but its 9 inches from the led and it's the only one doing this. At least it's not yellowing any more than before.

0305161638a_HDR-1_zpsxrcpnpds.jpg

Today was a good day for my grow box. Bad day for my camera focusing abilities, but good for the peppers.

0317161442b_HDR_zpsd59jyr31.jpg

The SB remains king.

But today we got a peak at a few others. White 7 pod.

0317161441_HDR_zpsj6w26b5p.jpg

CPR

0317161441b_HDR_zpsrncf2mrw.jpg

aji calabaza

0317161441c_HDR_zpspdjwbz4k.jpg

and a few more hot beads

0316161411_HDR_zpshuhugq34.jpg

The reapers finally germed as well, they'll be going in the soil tonight. Good day overall!

Things got off to a slow start here, germing some of the chinense took forever! But we're finally rolling. I have the space to over winter so I'm not too concerned if I don't get a ton of pods from them this year.

Everything has sprouted at least 1 seedling with the exception of the peach bhut, the Brazilian maruga, and the original bhut.

Sb Moa will be getting a new bigger home soon

0324161649_HDR_zpsuwhg6pdg.jpg

Aji calabaza is our first 6 pack.

0324161648_HDR-1_zpstamfwv8c.jpg

Might not be the prettiest grow but it's coming along

0324161650c_HDR_zpsfc7zvhzm.jpg

mpicante said:
Always good to see the seeds sprouting.Good luck on the grow.
Those MOA seeds have been the rockstars of my grow, germed and sprouted in just a few days, one survived a pretty bad sun burn and is working on its 2nd set of true leaves. Thank you again!

So I know it's been awhile. Sorry about that. spring gets hectic here as I try to put in the rest of my vegetables, and squeeze in a few fishing days . I moved everything out to the garden, keeping 1 of most varieties in a 3.5 gallon (for now) pot/mop bucket (99¢). I've got some 7 gallon bags on the way for them. The in ground plants are doing very well thus far I'll get pictures of them for y'all when the sun comes out. I potted up the others today in the garage. Some have been doing better outside than others, and my dog took off with one of the plant markers so now I've got a mystery plant!

I probably left them in the solo cups a little too long...

0527161749-1_zpsuk8yhzbd.jpg

0605161437a_zpswnhn9jrz.jpg

This reaper is in the hospital it is all sorts of sad. But the new growth is looking good on it so I'm in hopes that it'll make the greenhouse cut this fall.

0605161436b_zpsfr17dtli.jpg

This one is much happier

0605161435c_zps6szl39eu.jpg

0605161436a_zpsecbkta3b.jpg

This is the only CPR that I managed to germ. It's almost 2 months behind the rest of the gang. But it's growing!

0605161435a_zpsn0uakzvh.jpg

The bonnets I put in the ground are weeks ahead of this guy, but I'm not too concerned the idea of having some potted is to winter them in the greenhouse. So most of the potted varieties are actually the weaker plants.

0605161435d_zpsgznv6roc.jpg

Now the mystery pepper

0605161431_HDR_zpsjh2llzdd.jpg

We may find out what it is though. Is that a little pod I see?

0605161431_zpsxbrhtzdq.jpg

There are a few more I just got tired of getting wet taking pictures.

Nice look grow and by far the best plant markers I have ever seen.  I assume you made those, they look fantastic and had to take a bit of time.  

Thanks! Yeah I make them they're actually pretty easy, I spray painted a bunch of cheap wooden stakes from home depot early in the year, then I bought some alphabet refrigerator magnets at the dollar store, spelled out my strains, then sprayed color#2 and removed the magnets, easy as pie, and I can re-use them year after year, if the strain needs to change it's as easy as adding another layer of paint.

So I gave my sister a bunch of plants last fall to over winter and keep. This is either serrano or jalapeno... I think. Prob jalapeno based off the shape of the young pods. But they're the first pods of the year so they could be misshapen? Any input?

0625161835a_HDR_zpsigzuyswd.jpg

Any insight as to who is strip mining my 7pod leaves?

0629161540-1_zpsydswoui1.jpg

I assume it's this guy, found 2 on one plant, killed em but would still like to identify whether he's friend or foe.

Back