• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Nightshades Grow(New wilds)

In vegas if you have a greenhouse you can keep stuff going for a while so I am starting my grow right now don't mistake it as we don't have winter because we do quite cold actually snows a couple times a year sometimes hails. Anyways it is time to get this thing rolling I will bring you along through the heartbreak and struggles also through the success. About 99% of my grow will be wilds so it should be quite interesting some of this is full grown others need to be sowed. Well here's the list more will be added as they come to me. Will upload some pictures tomorrow raining and dark right now

WILDS:
Capsicum Flexuosum
Capsicum Flexuosum (S2)
Capsicum Tovarii
Capsicum Cardenasii (true)
Capsicum Galapagoense
Capsicum Parvifolium
Capsicum Rhomboideum
Capsicum chacoense
Rocopica
Guampinha De Veado
Chiltepin Amarillo
Chiltepin Sonoran
Chiltepin nursery plant
Chiltepin El guapo brand
Chiltepin "pima bajo"
Chiltepin "desert gatherings brand"
Pequin
St Lucia Birdseye
Cumari Pollux
Pointed praetermissum
BGH 460
Cap 501
Cap 691
Cap 1144
Cap 215
Cap 539
Cap 1530
CGN 19198
CGN 21502
CGN 24332
CGN 22795
CGN 22794
CGN 20800
CGN 20812
CGN 24360
CGN 22869
CGN 22792
CGN 20510
More will be added

Superhots:
Yellow scorpion
Yellow moruga scorpion
Brown moruga scorpion
Carolina reaper
Fatalii gourmet jigsaw
7pot evergreen
7pot bubblegum
7pot lava
Sepia serpent
Boogeyman f2
Infinity
Jay's red ghost scorpion
SBJ7
A couple selective breeding projects
Others will be added

Others:
Capsicum pubescens "Locoto"
Capsicum pubescens "Canario"
Capsicum pubescens "Ecuadorian red rocoto"
Capsicum pubescens "Vallarta market Dino pods"
Capsicum Pubescens "Rocoto mini brown"
Capsicum Pubescens "Turbo pube"
Capsicum Pubescens "Big apple"
PI 224444
Jalabanero
Black cobra
Brazilian starfish
Bishops hat
Purple jalapeño
CGN 22184
CGN 21500
Others will be added

Tomatoes:
Wild Galapagos
Manx marvel
Black Krim
Large cherry
Macedonian tomato
Slovenian black tomato
Irish tomato
Cuban black
Black seaman
Ethiopian black
Mrs maxwells pink
Polar tomato
Watermelon beefsteak
Bulgarian tomato
Spoon Tomato
Red currant sweet pea
Others will be added

Bonsai projects:
Goji Berry
Miracle fruit

Melons:
Muskmelon Cucumis melo var. reticulatus
Kiwano melon

Cucumbers:
Lemon cucumber
Marketmore
Pickling
Straight eight

Okra:
Clemson Spineless

yes I have had good luck with the 19198 sprouting fast. I think my top 3 most looking forward to types this year are  capsicum flexuosum, CGN 22869, and Cumari Pollux.

Got a heater and managed to keep my greenhouse at about 85f last night and I also just put my first goji berry and 7pot lava outside to soak up some sun everything looks great so far.

Been real windy but everything is coming along beautifully will do a picture update soon
today has been weird I found a duck thing in my backyard. I also got the rhomboideum cuttings I assume they should be rooted in a couple weeks. I alsome rocopica and cap 1530 seeds.
874cf0b2a79cd18e65f726c9fb556d2b_zps8d06b7dc.jpg

some cool purpling from the sun.

Wow, that's awesome! I have 2 hooks also from my pollux. We would be able to compare and such. Most of the ones I sowed germinated already even the galapagoense.

How much time did your pollux take to germinate? The one I'm not having any luck with is the CGN 21502 and the CAP 1144...

-Walt

Just getting here, but want to say kudos on a good start.  
Will be interested to see how the cumari pollux grows.

3 to 4 weeks I think whenever it said I sowed them on this grow log. Ooh those 1144 make me want to pull my hair out I can't sprout them. 21502 sprouted quickly and easily for me
Vegas_Chili said:
Wow, that's awesome! I have 2 hooks also from my pollux. We would be able to compare and such. Most of the ones I sowed germinated already even the galapagoense.
How much time did your pollux take to germinate? The one I'm not having any luck with is the CGN 21502 and the CAP 1144...
-Walt
PaulG said:
Just getting here, but want to say kudos on a good start.  
Will be interested to see how the cumari pollux grows.
Thank you
Datil said:
Excellent list and very nice start!
Good luck!
Datil
The real interesting stuff should start soon

Nightshade said:
3 to 4 weeks I think whenever it said I sowed them on this grow log. Ooh those 1144 make me want to pull my hair out I can't sprout them. 21502 sprouted quickly and easily for me
Cool, mine did 2 weeks. The galapagoense took less than 2 weeks, and I guess I have to sow more of those CGN 21502 and try something different for the CAP 1144. I'll let you know if I find something LOL.

-Walt

I'm trying to respark my 21502 though it has stunted out I think it's showing progress though so hopefully it blasts like its brother the 19198 watch out with those praetermissum they blow up on you my last cumari Pollux was the fastest growing plant til the heat murdered it.

Nightshade said:

root system on the chiltepin
It's amazing how the roots take advantage of every square cubic millimeter!

Very robust root system; you must be treating your plants right!

idosimon said:
Any pictures of the galapagoense? I just ordered some seeds of those variety :D
+1 I'd like to see it too. I have a second sprout and the first one that came out is already showing signs of primaries. One of the ones I'm very excited about.

Pics of the pube too, I got some seed from a friend in Spain but nothing too rare but nice since I didn't have those varieties. I plan on starting them late summer and take them out in the fall. Or just keep one in DWC just for fun ;).

Maybe I should start a glog... idk but sometimes I actually have time and sometimes I don't... I have a one year old and she's starting to walk and I like to give her attention and I also work night shift... oh well I'll think about it.

idosimon my sprouts are barely showing signs of primaries, and if Rob doesn't mind I'll post a pic or maybe I start a glog soon...

-Walt

Vegas_Chili said:
+1 I'd like to see it too. I have a second sprout and the first one that came out is already showing signs of primaries. One of the ones I'm very excited about.
Pics of the pube too, I got some seed from a friend in Spain but nothing too rare but nice since I didn't have those varieties. I plan on starting them late summer and take them out in the fall. Or just keep one in DWC just for fun ;).
Maybe I should start a glog... idk but sometimes I actually have time and sometimes I don't... I have a one year old and she's starting to walk and I like to give her attention and I also work night shift... oh well I'll think about it.idosimon my sprouts are barely showing signs of primaries, and if Rob doesn't mind I'll post a pic or maybe I start a glog soon...
-Walt
You can post yours mine weren't happy and died I put 10 more seeds down though. I will post the pubescens in a little while once I have computer time most likely tomorrow. I will post pics of some new sprouts too. hopefully I will have flexousum and more praetermissum sprouts in a little while. I have around 20 or so new plants hoping to have more than 30 before New Year's Day. I'm thinking about close to 150 plants. Every time a sprout pops I move it outside a refill the spot
Portuge said:
Lets see some pics... only if you have time
I will get you guys a large update tomorrow. Will show you some of my older plants and nons

Back